Old May 31st 16, 10:30 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default No wi-fi for TCR; and a map problem

There is no free Virgin Wifi at the new and improved Tottenham Court Rd Station.
I heard from a member of staff there that LUL signed a contract for 250 stations, and TCR was under construction at the time, so it was not included.

THERE IS ALSO something really funny which is worth seeing at TCR. Just inside the so-called Northern Line barrier (which I never use for the Northern Line, preferring the old route) there is a huge map showing Crossrail stations. Every so often a poor deluded punter will stop in front of that map and plan his journey. They look totally baffled, although I suppose that some of the malcontents who are travelling to Farringdon will be delighted to find out how near it is.

It is not a good place for a map.

Old May 31st 16, 10:48 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2016\05\31 11:30, Offramp wrote:

THERE IS ALSO something really funny which is worth seeing at TCR. Just inside the so-called Northern Line barrier (which I never use for the Northern Line, preferring the old route) there is a huge map showing Crossrail stations.

Does it go to Reading or stop at Maidenhead?