Old July 21st 16, 02:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London

In message , at 01:41:12
on Thu, 21 Jul 2016, remarked:
In article ,
(JohnD)
wrote:

"JohnD" wrote in message ...

Forgetting about EFTA altogether and regressing to plain WTO arrangements
really isn't a viable option either, for anyone with enough patience and
interest see eg:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-treasury-comm
ittee

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-treasury-comm
ittee

========================

I've refrained from commenting further in this thread because I think
I've made my views abundantly clear already.

But for anyone genuinely interested in the prospects, especially
trade agreements etc, I would urge you to see the two Parliamentary
committee videocasts I've linked to above. I think they'll only be on
iPlayer for another week or two, so not too much time left.

Treasury Committee webcasts are available at parliamentlive.tv dating
back years (literally thousands of them).

As far as I can judge, the panellists giving evidence in both
sessions for chosen solely for their professional in-depth expertise
and experience in relevant aspects of international law, trade
negotiations and international agreements and seem as objective as
one could ever hope for. There is no obvious sign that they're
batting either for the Leave or Remain sides. Michael Dougan in
particular (first session) seems to have a really detailed
understanding of the legal aspects of the Realpolitik of post-Brexit
solutions rather than the ideology.

NB These are not gameshows or theatrical debates in the style of the
Referendum debates, but 2-hour long in-depth sessions (but which you
can obviously dip in and out of at will). But for anyone willing to
spend the time watching, I think they'll prove quite revealing.

Did they lead to written Select Committee reports? They would give a more
permanent record.

Formal minutes (not transcripts) are available of Treasury Committee
Meetings back to 2005.

Old July 22nd 16, 01:48 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and Turning South London Orange?

On Sun, 17 Jul 2016 15:01:25 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
wrote:

Nobody wrote:
On Sat, 16 Jul 2016 19:34:09 +0100, Graham Murray
wrote:

"tim..." writes:

as the 5th largest economy in the world, with the second best range of
universities in the world (and the best in Europe) with one of the top
5 destinations in the world that "elites" want to live in, why do you
think that we wont easily be able to employ the world's best

Prof X (of foreign university) applies for UK visa.
Home Office: Sorry Prof X, we have filled our quota of workers of your
category, and we do not consider you a special case.

http://www.burnabynow.com/news/educa...eave-1.2297619

404.

Interesting. Still launches for me... but I'm in Burnaby.

Try again:

http://www.burnabynow.com/news/education/it-s-home-and-i-don-t-want-to-leave-1.2297619

The City of Bby is the municipality immediately east of the City of
Vancouver in Metro V.

Dream on about a gondola up Burnaby Mountain from Production
Way/University SkyTrain station to Simon Fraser University/UniverCity.

The push is predicated by the 'success' (not) of the gondola in
Portland, OR from the south end of Downtown to the Univsersity
Hospital precinct.

Incidentally, I've no idea where Burnaby is, but I've just voted in favour
of a gondola up Burnaby Mountain

Anna Noyd-Dryver