Old July 18th 16, 11:54 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Will Brexit lead to the abandonment of Crossrail2 and

wrote in message
news
In article , (tim...)
wrote:

I have already told you:

People voted for Brexit on the basis of how it affects THEIR
lives/world.

How they were told it would affect their lives, not the reality. They
refused to believe what they were told in this post-truth world of
politics.

because the views were exaggerated

please stop persisting in the fiction that they were not.

See Cornwall and Wales asking to keep their EU subsidies just after they
voted to lose them, for example.

You have absolutely no right at all to expect them to vote on the
basis of how it affects YOURS, unless you are undertaking to equally
share all the benefits that accrue by that decision.

I'm not. I'm expecting them not to vote for national suicide.

but they don't see it that way

why should they?

And the reality is that the people who benefit by remaining in the EU
had absolutely no intention of doing that, that wanted the
downtrodden to vote to remain so that that could keep all the extra
jam it created for themselves. - Greedy *******s!

The whole country will be worse off if we leave the EU.

perhaps it will be

but if my little part of the world is better off by leaving, just why is it
that I should vote for all the rest to be better off if it makes me
worse-off (that's a hypothetical me, BTW)

You really have no right to expect that

It is already worse
off in anticipation of that happening.

As I said ad infinitum before the vote, an avoidable self-fulfilling
prophecy which Remainers choose not to avoid.

tim

Old July 18th 16, 12:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:22:26 on Mon, 18
Jul 2016, Neil Williams remarked:
Or in the "getting on with the business without loads of government
bureaucracy' sense either.

They can make it as bureaucratic (or not bureaucratic) as they want.
For instance, the US wanted to pre-check people going there. ESTA is
not particularly bureaucratic - they could have instead chosen proper
visas, which would have been.

I disagree. Having had a USA business visa before they were scrapped,
all I had to do to get one was lend my passport to a central London
travel agent for a day. Since Visa Waiver I must have spent a total of
dozens of hours filling in forms and having them checked at the border,
rather than just being in effect "waved through".
Old July 19th 16, 03:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Neil Williams" wrote

On 2016-07-18 09:33:25 +0000, Roland Perry said:

You can't have a scheme like that without being policed by visas, work
permits, or whatever. At which point it's not "free movement" in the
normal EU sense.

A work permit is still required to work in Switzerland for more than a

few months, despite it being part of the freedom of movement treaties (for
now).

Same for Belgium I understand, but it's just a matter of applying and them
keeping track, ie the sort of thing the UK government doesn't care to do.

--
Mike D