London Banter

-   -   London – Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Du (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15060-london-moslem-train-driver-crashes.html)

[email protected] August 22nd 16 10:53 AM

London – Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Du

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:22:12 +0100
Nightjar wrote:
On 21-Aug-16 5:44 PM, Tony Dragon wrote:
See RAIB

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...st/derailment-
t-paddington-16-june-2016

I'm not sure that facts are what many of the posters in this thread
actually want. It does, however, seem a bit daft to site catch points so
that a train that is diverted by them hits an important bit of the
infrastructure.

True, but OTOH they probably didn't reckon on some irresponsible pillock
fasting for a day before going to do a safety critical job. In a sane world
this moron would be fired but of course we're not living in a sane world and
PC means we treat all this fairy tale religions garbage with "respect" and kid
gloves so no doubt nothing much will happen to him and he may well do the same
thing again next year.

--
Spud

Tim Watts[_3_] August 22nd 16 11:20 AM

Nightjar wrote:
[...]

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able to
present themselves?

[email protected] August 22nd 16 01:24 PM

London – Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Du

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:20:55 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/08/16 11:53, d wrote:
True, but OTOH they probably didn't reckon on some irresponsible pillock
fasting for a day before going to do a safety critical job. In a sane world
this moron would be fired but of course we're not living in a sane world and
PC means we treat all this fairy tale religions garbage with "respect" and

kid
gloves so no doubt nothing much will happen to him and he may well do the

same
thing again next year.

--
Spud

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able to
present themselves?

You can probably function much better with a cold than after a long fast with
no water. But certainly anything more serious and you'd expect them to stay
at home. If someone turned up to work with flu so bad they could barely
concentrate and crashed the train I'd expect the book to be thrown at them.

--
Spud

Tim Watts[_3_] August 22nd 16 02:00 PM

On 22/08/16 14:24, d wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:20:55 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/08/16 11:53,
d wrote:
[...]

But the point stands that the driver is making a judgement.

Personally, I can sympathise with the fasting, but the not drinking
water is absurd (are they really prohibited from that?).

[email protected] August 22nd 16 02:11 PM

London – Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Du

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:00:40 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/08/16 14:24, d wrote:
You can probably function much better with a cold than after a long fast with
no water. But certainly anything more serious and you'd expect them to stay
at home. If someone turned up to work with flu so bad they could barely
concentrate and crashed the train I'd expect the book to be thrown at them.

But the point stands that the driver is making a judgement.

If he can't make the correct judgement in a safety critical situation then he
should find an alternative career where he can't potentially endanger peoples
lives.

Personally, I can sympathise with the fasting, but the not drinking
water is absurd (are they really prohibited from that?).

They're not prohibited from anything, they chose to follow their religion.
But yes, apparently eating, drinking, smoking and sex are all no-nos according
to wonkypedia.

--
Spud

burfordTjustice[_2_] August 22nd 16 03:57 PM

From: Tim Watts

On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 16:01:43 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:

On 21/08/16 15:41, burfordTjustice wrote:
On Sun, 21 Aug 2016 14:37:34 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:

See the thread that's been running since Saturday in uk.railway.
The story isn't bunkum, but it's better to quote a news organ
rather than a comic. It's also not clear that his fast was the
main cause of the error; he was new on the line, which was
probably a more important factor.

Oh sure all the new guys run a double red light...WTF??

Out of interest, what IS a double red? I cannot recall ever seeing
one on the railway...

Signal SN6004 was clearly visible, but the driver did not realise that
it applied to his train, so he drove past it although it was showing
two red lights, meaning ‘Stop’.

Tim Watts[_3_] August 22nd 16 04:00 PM

On 22/08/16 16:57, burfordTjustice wrote:

Signal SN6004 was clearly visible, but the driver did not realise that
it applied to his train, so he drove past it although it was showing
two red lights, meaning ‘Stop’.

The ground indicators I've seen have an arrow on pointing at the line
they apply to.

Do they all have that?

Arthur Figgis August 22nd 16 05:04 PM

On 22/08/2016 12:20, Tim Watts wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able to
present themselves?

There seems to be evidence that Southern staff feel able to take time
off if they are feeling ill. :-)

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

abelard[_2_] August 22nd 16 05:51 PM

wrote:

On 22/08/16 14:24, d wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:20:55 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/08/16 11:53,
d wrote:
[...]

i knew muslims in countries in forrin countries before
the present hassle who told me that swallowing their
own spit would break their fast
but the moment the sun goes down they could pig out to
their hearts content

--
www.abelard.org

[email protected] August 22nd 16 08:12 PM

London _ Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Du

In article ,
lid (Arthur Figgis) wrote:

On 22/08/2016 12:20, Tim Watts wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able
to present themselves?

There seems to be evidence that Southern staff feel able to take time
off if they are feeling ill. :-)

Allegedly.

--
Colin Rosenstiel