Old August 22nd 16, 11:53 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc,uk.railway

Default London – Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Du

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 11:22:12 +0100
Nightjar wrote:
On 21-Aug-16 5:44 PM, Tony Dragon wrote:
See RAIB

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...st/derailment-
t-paddington-16-june-2016

I'm not sure that facts are what many of the posters in this thread
actually want. It does, however, seem a bit daft to site catch points so
that a train that is diverted by them hits an important bit of the
infrastructure.

True, but OTOH they probably didn't reckon on some irresponsible pillock
fasting for a day before going to do a safety critical job. In a sane world
this moron would be fired but of course we're not living in a sane world and
PC means we treat all this fairy tale religions garbage with "respect" and kid
gloves so no doubt nothing much will happen to him and he may well do the same
thing again next year.

--
Spud

Old August 22nd 16, 12:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc,uk.railway

Nightjar wrote:
[...]

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able to
present themselves?
Old August 22nd 16, 05:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc,uk.railway

On 22/08/16 16:57, burfordTjustice wrote:

Signal SN6004 was clearly visible, but the driver did not realise that
it applied to his train, so he drove past it although it was showing
two red lights, meaning ‘Stop’.

The ground indicators I've seen have an arrow on pointing at the line
they apply to.

Do they all have that?
Old August 22nd 16, 06:04 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc,uk.railway

On 22/08/2016 12:20, Tim Watts wrote:

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able to
present themselves?

There seems to be evidence that Southern staff feel able to take time
off if they are feeling ill. :-)

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old August 22nd 16, 06:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.politics.misc,uk.railway

On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 15:00:40 +0100, Tim Watts
wrote:

On 22/08/16 14:24, d wrote:
On Mon, 22 Aug 2016 12:20:55 +0100
Tim Watts wrote:
On 22/08/16 11:53,
d wrote:
True, but OTOH they probably didn't reckon on some irresponsible pillock
fasting for a day before going to do a safety critical job. In a sane world
this moron would be fired but of course we're not living in a sane world and
PC means we treat all this fairy tale religions garbage with "respect" and
kid
gloves so no doubt nothing much will happen to him and he may well do the
same
thing again next year.

--
Spud

Just to play devil's advocate: how many drivers go to work with a cold
and feeling a bit crap, but not crap enough to physically not be able to
present themselves?

You can probably function much better with a cold than after a long fast with
no water. But certainly anything more serious and you'd expect them to stay
at home. If someone turned up to work with flu so bad they could barely
concentrate and crashed the train I'd expect the book to be thrown at them.

But the point stands that the driver is making a judgement.

Personally, I can sympathise with the fasting, but the not drinking
water is absurd (are they really prohibited from that?).

i knew muslims in countries in forrin countries before
the present hassle who told me that swallowing their
own spit would break their fast
but the moment the sun goes down they could pig out to
their hearts content

--
www.abelard.org