Old August 29th 16, 12:37 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default London _ Moslem Train Driver Crashes Train Due To

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
On 28/08/2016 21:24, bob wrote:
Yup, it's hard for an outsider to make any sense of it. But at least they
don't seem to hate each other with the same murderous passion as the Shias
and Sunnis.

Perhaps you need to read up on what went on in Western Europe between 1618
and 1648.

Or Northern Ireland in much of the last century.

Not nearly the same level of hatred as between the different flavours of
Islam. Much of it was Irish nationalism, not religion anyway (how many IRA
terrorists were acting on behalf of religion?).

Old August 29th 16, 05:59 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On Mon, 29 Aug 2016 00:37:17 -0000 (UTC), Recliner
wrote:

Clive D.W. Feather wrote:
On 28/08/2016 21:24, bob wrote:
Yup, it's hard for an outsider to make any sense of it. But at least they
don't seem to hate each other with the same murderous passion as the Shias
and Sunnis.

Perhaps you need to read up on what went on in Western Europe between 1618
and 1648.

Or Northern Ireland in much of the last century.

Not nearly the same level of hatred as between the different flavours of
Islam. Much of it was Irish nationalism, not religion anyway (how many IRA
terrorists were acting on behalf of religion?).

Wolfe Tone, often regarded as the originator of modern Irish
nationalism was a Protestant.
Old August 29th 16, 07:04 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 28/08/2016 21:17, Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Sun, 28 Aug 2016 14:31:16 +0100
e27002 aurora wrote:
On Thu, 25 Aug 2016 10:48:19 -0500,
wrote:
"Christian theologians identify the Third Person of the Holy Trinity
in the Jewish sacred scriptures with the Ruach Hakodesh (Holy Breath)"

Whatever that means.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Holy_S...n_Christianity

It was always the Holy Ghost when I were a lad.

You were not excused from Assembly and RE then? In Aston Clinton they
did not think there were any Jewish Children. But, Roman Catholic
children were excused.

Always amuses me the division between the various christian factions who
seem to think of each other almost as seperate religions, whereas in fact
the only real differences are slight variations in the mumblings and which
old geezer in a dress is in charge.

Yup, it's hard for an outsider to make any sense of it. But at least they
don't seem to hate each other with the same murderous passion as the Shias
and Sunnis.

Never been to Northern Ireland then?

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old August 29th 16, 07:33 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

Read the rest of the thread. And, yes, I've stayed in the Europa hotel.
Have you?

That conflict was mainly about nationalism, not religion. And the total
deaths over more than 40 years (3568) were a small fraction of the
Moslem-on-Moslem deaths each year.

Here's last year's list of Islamic terrorism attacks, most of whose victims
were other Moslems. It doesn't include the 'legal' executions in places
like Iran and Said Arabia. The number killed: 27,594 (or about the entire
deaths from the NI Troubles every 6-7 weeks).

http://www.thereligionofpeace.com/at...s.aspx?Yr=2015

Old August 29th 16, 09:17 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

Yes, and drunk in the Crown opposite.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old August 29th 16, 09:23 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:17:53 on Mon, 29 Aug
2016, Graeme Wall remarked:

Read the rest of the thread. And, yes, I've stayed in the Europa hotel.
Have you?

Yes, and drunk in the Crown opposite.

Sober in the morning, huh?
Old August 29th 16, 09:27 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 29/08/2016 10:23, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:17:53 on Mon, 29 Aug
2016, Graeme Wall remarked:

Read the rest of the thread. And, yes, I've stayed in the Europa hotel.
Have you?

Yes, and drunk in the Crown opposite.

Sober in the morning, huh?

Occasionally :-)

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old September 1st 16, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Mon, Aug 29, 2016 at 06:59:35PM +0100, Charles Ellson wrote:

People don't need religion to be superstitious or xenophobic.

This is true. Religion sure does help though.

The test of the goodness of a thing is its fitness for use. If it
fails on this first test, no amount of ornamentation or finish will
make it any better, it will only make it more expensive and foolish.
-- Frank Pick, lecture to the Design and Industries Assoc, 1916