Old December 12th 16, 11:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Waterloo pl 20-24 building pictures

On 12/12/2016 12:00, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:43:39 on
Mon, 12 Dec 2016, Tim Watts remarked:

I am amused by the massive girder with "DO NOT REMOVE" sprayed on it. It
suggests that the workers are just going around demolishing random stuff
without any plan.

Never hurst to have a failsafe

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with
a magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

My understanding is that these days at least three people check that the
surgeon is about to cut the correct leg off the correct patient.
Including asking the patient.

Wonder if they did that on Victory…

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old December 12th 16, 12:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Mon, 12 Dec 2016 10:43:39 +0000, Tim Watts
wrote:

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

This seems to be the norm here in Norway too. My surgeon visited in
the morning before I was drugged to put a big X on the correct
shoulder.

--
jhk
Old December 12th 16, 08:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Tim Watts" wrote in message
On 12/12/16 03:07, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2016\12\11 13:12, Recliner wrote:
I took some pictures on Friday of the rebuilding work on Waterloo
platforms 20-24, formerly used by Eurostar:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/reclin...57673819851723

Thanks.

I am amused by the massive girder with "DO NOT REMOVE" sprayed on it. It
suggests that the workers are just going around demolishing random stuff
without any plan.

Never hurst to have a failsafe

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

Me too. In fluorescent pink magic marker which was a bu88er to get off.

Not what you want as an 8yo who is already sore about not being able to play
rugby for some weeks!

James

Old December 12th 16, 08:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

This seems to be the norm here in Norway too. My surgeon visited in
the morning before I was drugged to put a big X on the correct
shoulder.

When I had my broken shoulder fixed the anaesthetist was the one with
the marker but he saw the bruising and decided that it was obvious
where the problem was.
Old December 13th 16, 12:14 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2016\12\12 21:55, wrote:

When I had my broken shoulder fixed the anaesthetist was the one with
the marker but he saw the bruising and decided that it was obvious
where the problem was.

....but fortunately he didn't amputate your head! ;-)

Old December 13th 16, 07:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tim Watts wrote:

Never hurst to have a failsafe

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

My arrows were a symmetrical pair.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old December 13th 16, 07:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2016\12\13 08:11, Chris J Dixon wrote:
Tim Watts wrote:

Never hurst to have a failsafe

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

My arrows were a symmetrical pair.

Hopefully they weren't upside down, or the surgeon might have cut off
your body and just left your legs.

Old December 13th 16, 11:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Tim Watts wrote:

Never hurst to have a failsafe

My surgeon, when fixing a hernia, drew a massive arrow on one leg with a
magic marker, whilst I was still awake to confirm which bit he was
supposed to be fixing, before I was wheeled in. Makes sense as he was
spending all day doing those...

My arrows were a symmetrical pair.

Hopefully they weren't upside down, or the surgeon might have cut off
your body and just left your legs.

No wonder I left feeling light headed. ;-)

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old December 13th 16, 02:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:12:34 +0000

From: Recliner
Subject: Waterloo pl 20-24 building pictures
Date: Sun, 11 Dec 2016 13:12:34 +0000