Old February 24th 17, 10:33 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default GOSPEL Electrification

On 2017\02\24 11:01, David Walters wrote:
On Thu, 23 Feb 2017 20:26:04 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:
On Wed, 22 Feb 2017 18:51:38 -0600
wrote:
I'm sure that clearance issues were very much on TfL's minds. Rightly so as
things are turning out with the 700s for Thameslink. Both initial trips
north of Hitchin, to Peterborough and Cambridge, came to grief with lost
shoes AIUI due to high ballast shoulders, in the Cambridge case at Foxton on
the return journey.

Why would Thameslink trains be sent up the ECML and cambridge line? Weren't
there enough free slots to test on the MML?

Part of the Thameslink Project includes direct services on the ECML
through Thameslink such as between Cambridge and Brighton and Peterborough
and Horsham.

The (closed) timetable consultation is at
http://www.thameslinkrailway.com/you...e-consultation

I believe the junction is not functional yet, so they will have been
sent via WLL and North London Incline (the Gospel Oak Harringay route
being unelectrified).

Seems a bit premature to me... did they need to know the Foxton ballast
is a bit high so long before the services run? Wouldn't a diesel-hauled
gauging train with polystyrene shoes be better at this stage?

Old February 25th 17, 01:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
[...]

My understanding is that the Canal Tunnel route between Belle Isle and SPILL
is now open.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old February 25th 17, 02:56 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I've just walked past Leyton Midland Road station. The
boarding has been removed in readiness for the re-opening.
The station gate is still shut but the electric timetable display
is working again; today, of course, giving times for the
replacement buses.
Old February 27th 17, 03:09 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

The trains are running again. They're not as crowded as before
but I'm sure that will change within a week! At my local station
the ticket barriers were open, with staff standing around to deal
with problems but not to check if I had a ticket. I strolled through
without being accosted!

There was also a Community Support presence. Three officers
travelled on my train but I didn't see any reason for it.
Old February 28th 17, 06:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Bob Bob is offline

Robin9 wrote:

The trains are running again. They're not as crowded as before
but I'm sure that will change within a week! At my local station
the ticket barriers were open, with staff standing around to deal
with problems but not to check if I had a ticket. I strolled through
without being accosted!

There was also a Community Support presence. Three officers
travelled on my train but I didn't see any reason for it.

Seems a sensible move to me. Send the officers out to get to know how
things have changed and re-familiarize themselves with the environment
under benign conditions so that when they are needed for more serious
incidents they are prepared for it better.

Robin
Old February 28th 17, 06:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2017\02\27 16:09, Robin9 wrote:
The trains are running again. They're not as crowded as before
but I'm sure that will change within a week!

Failure to produce a new tube map showing it open won't have helped!