London Transport (uk.transport.london) Discussion of all forms of transport in London.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old May 29th 17, 03:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 974
Default SWT timetable book is no more?


Apparently SWT have not printed one because they lost the franchise.

Who knows if the new owner will resume the practice... I suspect not.
Or if they do, it might have a cost, like the GWR one.

  #2   Report Post  
Old May 30th 17, 11:44 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Feb 2016
Posts: 646
Default SWT timetable book is no more?



"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news

Apparently SWT have not printed one because they lost the franchise.


I don't recall seeing a complete SWT timetable booklet since privatisation

I didn't know that it existed

tim



  #3   Report Post  
Old May 30th 17, 12:38 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 974
Default SWT timetable book is no more?

On 2017\05\30 12:44, tim... wrote:


"Basil Jet" wrote in message
news

Apparently SWT have not printed one because they lost the franchise.


I don't recall seeing a complete SWT timetable booklet since privatisation

I didn't know that it existed


They were only ever available at main stations for about a week after
the timetable started.

  #4   Report Post  
Old May 30th 17, 12:43 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: May 2017
Posts: 1
Default SWT timetable book is no more?

On 30/05/17 13:38, Basil Jet wrote:

They were only ever available at main stations for about a week after
the timetable started.


More of them were printed than you might think, however they were not
advertised and were only available from bigger stations upon request.
Each station would receive a couple for staff use and a box of about 20
for customers.

You could also request a copy from Customer Services as well.

--
Rob
  #5   Report Post  
Old May 30th 17, 12:59 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,248
Default SWT timetable book is no more?

On 30/05/2017 13:43, Robert wrote:
On 30/05/17 13:38, Basil Jet wrote:

They were only ever available at main stations for about a week after
the timetable started.


More of them were printed than you might think, however they were not
advertised and were only available from bigger stations upon request.
Each station would receive a couple for staff use and a box of about 20
for customers.

You could also request a copy from Customer Services as well.


When Southampton Central had a travel centre they used to be available
there.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.



  #6   Report Post  
Old May 30th 17, 02:42 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Sep 2014
Posts: 974
Default SWT timetable book is no more?

On 2017\05\30 13:59, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 30/05/2017 13:43, Robert wrote:
On 30/05/17 13:38, Basil Jet wrote:

They were only ever available at main stations for about a week after
the timetable started.


More of them were printed than you might think, however they were not
advertised and were only available from bigger stations upon request.
Each station would receive a couple for staff use and a box of about
20 for customers.

You could also request a copy from Customer Services as well.


When Southampton Central had a travel centre they used to be available
there.


Yes, by "main stations" I meant stations such as Southampton Central: I
was not using it as a jargon term to mean "stations managed by Network
Rail".
  #7   Report Post  
Old May 30th 17, 04:03 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Jul 2003
Posts: 1,248
Default SWT timetable book is no more?

On 30/05/2017 15:42, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\05\30 13:59, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 30/05/2017 13:43, Robert wrote:
On 30/05/17 13:38, Basil Jet wrote:

They were only ever available at main stations for about a week
after the timetable started.

More of them were printed than you might think, however they were not
advertised and were only available from bigger stations upon request.
Each station would receive a couple for staff use and a box of about
20 for customers.

You could also request a copy from Customer Services as well.


When Southampton Central had a travel centre they used to be available
there.


Yes, by "main stations" I meant stations such as Southampton Central: I
was not using it as a jargon term to mean "stations managed by Network
Rail".


They stopped stocking them when the Travel Centre closed, at least I
never managed to get a copy.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

  #9   Report Post  
Old May 31st 17, 09:16 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Dec 2004
Posts: 642
Default SWT timetable book is no more?


"Graeme Wall" wrote

They were only ever available at main stations for about a week after
the timetable started.

More of them were printed than you might think, however they were not
advertised and were only available from bigger stations upon request.



Yes, by "main stations" I meant stations such as Southampton Central: I
was not using it as a jargon term to mean "stations managed by Network
Rail".


.. They stopped stocking them when the Travel Centre closed, at least I
never managed to get a copy.

I used to ask for one but obtaining one got harder and harder. When Surbiton
claimed none were supplied I gave up.

--
Mike D



Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Book help Andrew P Smith London Transport 2 September 18th 03 09:29 PM
New(ish) book: "Britain's Historic Railway Buildings: An Oxford Gazetteer of Structures and Sites" John Rowland London Transport 1 September 11th 03 05:28 PM
New Book Richard J. London Transport 1 August 1st 03 10:36 AM
New Book Nick Cooper London Transport 0 August 1st 03 10:32 AM
the book...London under London ronnie biggs London Transport 4 August 1st 03 08:00 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:48 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 London Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about London Transport"

 

Copyright © 2017