London Banter

-   -   Post Office Railway open from 28th July (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15358-post-office-railway-open-28th.html)

Roland Perry July 17th 17 03:31 PM

Post Office Railway open from 28th July

In message
-septe
mber.org, at 15:04:43 on Mon, 17 Jul 2017, Recliner
remarked:

Just in case anyone was planning to go for the grand opening next week, be
aware that the railway has been delayed in the mail, and won't open till
September.

They should have used Special Delivery.

Recliner[_3_] July 27th 17 11:24 PM

Roland Perry wrote:
In message
-septe
mber.org, at 15:04:43 on Mon, 17 Jul 2017, Recliner
remarked:

Just in case anyone was planning to go for the grand opening next week, be
aware that the railway has been delayed in the mail, and won't open till
September.

They should have used Special Delivery.

It was delivered to Newsnight tonight. The tunnel stalactites are still
there, and they've tried to leave everything as it was on the last day of
operation.

Reassuringly, apparently, the tunnels are largely rat-free, as they never
had passengers dropping food to feed the rodents.

Basil Jet[_4_] July 27th 17 11:46 PM

On 2017\07\28 00:24, Recliner wrote:

Reassuringly, apparently, the tunnels are largely rat-free, as they never
had passengers dropping food to feed the rodents.

.... until now.

Recliner[_3_] July 27th 17 11:57 PM

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\07\28 00:24, Recliner wrote:

Reassuringly, apparently, the tunnels are largely rat-free, as they never
had passengers dropping food to feed the rodents.

... until now.

Indeed…

Basil Jet[_4_] July 28th 17 12:44 AM

Post Office Railway open from 28th July

On 2017\07\28 00:57, Recliner wrote:

Indeed…

I've never seen three dots as a single character before. How did you do
that?

Recliner[_3_] July 28th 17 12:59 AM

Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\07\28 00:57, Recliner wrote:

Indeed…

I've never seen three dots as a single character before. How did you do
that?

It's the ellipsis character. It's available on my selected iPad keyboard,
and Word does an automatic substitution if your keyboard lacks it.

Some other grown-up characters on my keyboard include —, – as well as -;
Ï€;Â*æ; µ; §; Æ’; Ω; ¶; ∞; ©; ®; â€*; ∫; «; ; ‰; Ø; â„¢; Â¥; ß; ∂; ∆; •; ¿; Ω; √;
∑; Æ, etc. Of course, I don't know if you'll see the same symbols on your
screen as I typed…

Basil Jet[_4_] July 28th 17 01:31 AM

On 2017\07\28 01:59, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\07\28 00:57, Recliner wrote:

Indeed…

I've never seen three dots as a single character before. How did you do
that?

It's the ellipsis character. It's available on my selected iPad keyboard,
and Word does an automatic substitution if your keyboard lacks it.

Some other grown-up characters on my keyboard include —, – as well as -;
Ï€; æ; µ; §; Æ’; Ω; ¶; ∞; ©; ®; â€*; ∫; «; ; ‰; Ø; â„¢; Â¥; ß; ∂; ∆; •; ¿; Ω; √;
∑; Æ, etc. Of course, I don't know if you'll see the same symbols on your
screen as I typed…

All coming up fine in Thunderbird on my MacBook. I can't seem to enter
them on my iPhone 4S (with its slightly out of date operating system)
though.

Offramp July 28th 17 02:31 AM

On Friday, 28 July 2017 01:44:17 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\07\28 00:57, Recliner wrote:

Indeed…

I've never seen three dots as a single character before. How did you do
that?

How did you know it was a single character?

Graeme Wall July 28th 17 07:56 AM

On 28/07/2017 01:59, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:
On 2017\07\28 00:57, Recliner wrote:

Indeed…

I've never seen three dots as a single character before. How did you do
that?

It's the ellipsis character. It's available on my selected iPad keyboard,
and Word does an automatic substitution if your keyboard lacks it.

Some other grown-up characters on my keyboard include —, – as well as -;
Ï€; æ; µ; §; Æ’; Ω; ¶; ∞; ©; ®; â€*; ∫; «; ; ‰; Ø; â„¢; Â¥; ß; ∂; ∆; •; ¿; Ω; √;
∑; Æ, etc. Of course, I don't know if you'll see the same symbols on your
screen as I typed…

alt;

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Offramp July 28th 17 10:38 AM

On Friday, 28 July 2017 00:28:49 UTC+1, Recliner wrote:

Reassuringly, apparently, the tunnels are largely rat-free, as they never
had passengers dropping food to feed the rodents.

That has always puzzled me in horror films: loads of cobwebs and rats in damp cellars and metal tunnels where flies and humans apparently never go