Old April 1st 04, 04:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Independent article: Livingstone may run London rail network

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 19:59:41 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

On the other hand, I'd appreciate being able to use Oyster Prepay on
*all* modes of travel in London - it doesn't really fulfil its potential
otherwise.

Any comments from anyone?

I have two issues:

1) The lack of inter-availability of Oyster on NR services.
2) Potential for prices to rises if LU fares are used as a standard.

At Walthamstow Central, the fare structure can be complex. Sometimes a
NR ticket is cheaper and sometimes Oyster is cheaper:

NR weekdays to London Terminals:
2.40 Standard Day Single
3.00 Cheap Day Return
3.80 Standard Day Return

Oyster Pre-Pay Tube Z3-1:
2.30 Single
4.60 Return

Oyster Pre-Pay Weekend fare Z3-1:
1.80 Single
3.60 Return

NR/LU
4.70 Off Peak Day Travelcard

While this can be confusing for some, Iike the fact that cheaper NR
only fares are available, but I don't like that fact that I can't use
Oytster to/from all stations.

Can I have the best of both worlds? Cheap NR only fares and
London-wide Oyster availability?

Cheers,

Jason.