Old August 20th 17, 05:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New York Times on Crossrail

On Thu, 17 Aug 2017 09:41:54 +0000 (UTC), d wrote:

On Wed, 16 Aug 2017 19:04:33 -0000 (UTC)
Clank wrote:
On 04.08.2017 12:48 PM,
d wrote:
On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 20:29:21 -0500
wrote:
In article ,
d () wrote:

On Thu, 03 Aug 2017 12:01:28 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Thu, 3 Aug 2017 11:38:16 +0100, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 08:36:44 on Thu, 3 Aug
2017,
d remarked:

As an aside, how do trains on the ECML get south of the river, where's
the link to the current thameslink route?

Slaps forehead

Indeed!

Indeed what? Is knowing the precise junction layouts of the various lines
a prerequsite of being able to discuss this?

No, but it would help you not look like a total prat.

When I start wearing an anorak and hanging around at the end of platforms
carrying a thermos flask and notebook I might give a ****. Until then...

As a curious observer, I'm interested to know how "wearing an anorak and
hanging around and the end of platforms" and "arguing on Usenet (of all the
places) about things you're ignorant of like an Asperger's sufferer without
the good points" compare in terms of social acceptability, in spudworld?

It looks like virgins fighting over who pretended to buy a packet of condoms
to me...

Usenet is an amusing diversion at work. I don't bother at weekends or in the
evenings when I have more interesting things to do.

Using condoms to prevent whatever is a w-a-y more interesting pasttime
to fill (oops) evenings and weekends... g