Old September 18th 17, 09:56 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Sunday Times: Britain's favourite railway stations

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
18:12:52 on Sun, 17 Sep 2017,
remarked:
In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
10:56:10 on Sun, 17 Sep 2017,
remarked:

Clicking their quiz...

"Also known as Cambridge Science Park". No, it isn't. Network Rail
and the Science Park fell out at some point (I'm guessing the former
wanted bung from the latter, who realised it was too far away to be
of any practical use - too far to walk, too close to get a bus or
taxi) and the park isn't even mentioned in any of NR's blurb.

The name "Cambridge Science Park" was agreed at one point

But was it contingent on a bung?

No. Roland. However bad things are, we are not yet a banana republic.

Have you missed the recent announcements form Network rail that no
future new infrastructure will be built other than mainly at the
expense of third parties? (I hope the NHS has a budget for
Addenbrookes Station).

Nothing to do with the NHS. You as usual overlook the huge number of
companies and other organisations than the NHS on the Biomedical Campus.

And you as usual grossly exaggerate. There are still government funds for
new stations and there is not yet a clear statement from the DfT how
enhancements will be managed and funded in CP6.

but then Network Rail changed their mind

Because the bung was shown the door?

We have not been told.

I'm pretty sure we have been told that the Science Park refused to
contribute to the cost of the station.

I'm not aware they were asked, certainly not when the naming discussions
were taking place. It was a County Council project then, remember.

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old September 18th 17, 10:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 04:56:25
on Mon, 18 Sep 2017, remarked:
In article ,
(Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
18:12:52 on Sun, 17 Sep 2017,
remarked:
In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

[...]

The station is unviable if all it's for is the Biomedical Campus.

And you as usual grossly exaggerate. There are still government funds for
new stations

Not according to recent statements from National Rail.

and there is not yet a clear statement from the DfT how
enhancements will be managed and funded in CP6.

but then Network Rail changed their mind

Because the bung was shown the door?

We have not been told.

I'm pretty sure we have been told that the Science Park refused to
contribute to the cost of the station.

I'm not aware they were asked, certainly not when the naming discussions
were taking place. It was a County Council project then, remember.

The council recommendation on the name wasn't until after Network Rail
had taken over the project when public sector funding collapsed. (From
the County's point of view, Network Rail is apparently private finance,
but I'd be astonished if Trinity hadn't been approached).
Old September 18th 17, 12:31 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , (Roland Perry)
wrote:

In message , at
04:56:25 on Mon, 18 Sep 2017,
remarked:
In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

In message , at
18:12:52 on Sun, 17 Sep 2017,
remarked:
In article ,
(Roland
Perry) wrote:

[...]

Oh, do stop being a pain, Roland! You seem to be forgetting what the
biomedical campus is. There's a clue in the name.

And you as usual grossly exaggerate. There are still government funds for
new stations

Not according to recent statements from National Rail.

You weren't reading carefully enough. A clue may be that there is no such
body as "National Rail". Yes, I know it's an umbrella marketing name in the
industry.

and there is not yet a clear statement from the DfT how
enhancements will be managed and funded in CP6.

but then Network Rail changed their mind

Because the bung was shown the door?

We have not been told.

I'm pretty sure we have been told that the Science Park refused to
contribute to the cost of the station.

I'm not aware they were asked, certainly not when the naming discussions
were taking place. It was a County Council project then, remember.

The council recommendation on the name wasn't until after Network
Rail had taken over the project when public sector funding collapsed.
(From the County's point of view, Network Rail is apparently private
finance, but I'd be astonished if Trinity hadn't been approached).

Discussions were b=going on of which I was aware.

--
Colin Rosenstiel