Old October 12th 17, 09:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Additional Jubilee and Northen trains deferred

On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 10:21:13 +0100
David Walters wrote:
On Thu, 12 Oct 2017 08:33:52 +0000 (UTC),
wrote:
On Wed, 11 Oct 2017 17:17:20 -0700 (PDT)
Paul Corfield wrote:
service to reach Battersea. One other factor they will have to cope with is=
the impact of the works at Bank which may slow trains down slightly due to=
the extensive tunnelling work being done. That's a short term thing but st=
ill affects the timetable.

Tunnelling at Bank? Whats this for? I thought all the crosstail tunnelling
was complete long ago.

Nothing to do with Crossrail.
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publica...n-capacity-upg
ade

Interesting, didn't know about that. I haven't used Bank for a while but it
was always overcrowded in the rush hour on the northern line platforms. Can't
see how they can improve that short of tunnelling a new diversion tube tunnel
like they did at Angel.

Old October 12th 17, 10:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
service to reach Battersea. One other factor they will have to cope with is=
the impact of the works at Bank which may slow trains down slightly due to=
the extensive tunnelling work being done. That's a short term thing but st=
ill affects the timetable.

Tunnelling at Bank? Whats this for? I thought all the crosstail tunnelling
was complete long ago.

Nothing to do with Crossrail.
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publica...n-capacity-upg
ade

Interesting, didn't know about that. I haven't used Bank for a while but it
was always overcrowded in the rush hour on the northern line platforms. Can't
see how they can improve that short of tunnelling a new diversion tube tunnel
like they did at Angel.

Nor could they, which is why that's exactly what they're doing.

Old October 12th 17, 10:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote:
service to reach Battersea. One other factor they will have to cope with is=
the impact of the works at Bank which may slow trains down slightly due to=
the extensive tunnelling work being done. That's a short term thing but st=
ill affects the timetable.

Tunnelling at Bank? Whats this for? I thought all the crosstail tunnelling
was complete long ago.

Nothing to do with Crossrail.
https://tfl.gov.uk/corporate/publica...n-capacity-upg
ade

Interesting, didn't know about that. I haven't used Bank for a while but it
was always overcrowded in the rush hour on the northern line platforms. Can't
see how they can improve that short of tunnelling a new diversion tube tunnel
like they did at Angel.

That's what they are doing, a new Northern line southbound tunnel.
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-informatio...k-and-monument
is probably a better page.

There are also new escalators, moving walkways, lifts and an additional
surface entrance.
Old October 12th 17, 11:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Interesting, didn't know about that. I haven't used Bank for a while but it
was always overcrowded in the rush hour on the northern line platforms.

Can't
see how they can improve that short of tunnelling a new diversion tube

tunnel
like they did at Angel.

That's what they are doing, a new Northern line southbound tunnel.
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-informatio...ank-and-monume
is probably a better page.

Thanks. Looks like a massive project, thats a long diversion tunnel.

"April - May 2020 (40 days): line closed in both directions Moorgate to
Kennington"

Thats REALLY not going to go down well. Hope I won't be having to use the line
then.

Old October 12th 17, 12:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 12 October 2017 09:33:54 UTC+1, wrote:

Tunnelling at Bank? Whats this for? I thought all the crosstail tunnelling
was complete long ago.

As others have explained a very large project to add a lot of capacity to Bank Stn. Primarily covers the Northern Line in terms of platform capacity but also adds a new ticket hall on Cannon St and much more interchange capacity. Also makes the station fully accessible but not on the link to Monument IIRC.

Another new ticket hall, at Bloomberg Place, for the W&C Line is due to open at the end of this year. This will provide escalator and step free access to the W&C at Bank.

--
Paul C
via Google

Old October 13th 17, 06:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:51:35 on
Thu, 12 Oct 2017, David Walters remarked:

I haven't used Bank for a while but it
was always overcrowded in the rush hour on the northern line platforms. Can't
see how they can improve that short of tunnelling a new diversion tube tunnel
like they did at Angel.

That's what they are doing, a new Northern line southbound tunnel.
https://tfl.gov.uk/travel-informatio...k-and-monument
is probably a better page.

"More than 200 engineers and staff will work on site at Bank 24 hours a
day until 2021."

Opted out of the working time directive, clearly.