Old December 10th 17, 02:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Widened lines moorgate spur

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:31:16 -0600,
wrote:

In article
-september.
org,
(Recliner) wrote:

wrote:

Where else do the trains go at night or between the peaks?

Depots, other sidings, maybe spare station platforms (particularly at
night). They've managed without any sidings on that stretch for quite a few
years (certainly before the S stock came in), and never had room for more
than a couple of trains before that. I can't think of any other examples of
such large sidings in the middle of a line. Could this be to compensate for
the loss of sidings capacity at the Triangle Sidings and Hammersmith depot,
due to the longer S7 trains?

I guess so. I also suspect that because of the enhanced services planned for
after the SSL resignalling they have more trains to stable than before.

What's been forgotten about is that there are more S stock than the
combined A/C/D stock they replaced for the enhanced services after
ATO. There's also the extra train that was bought for the Watford Jct
extension. They all have to go somewhere when the railway closes.

With the upgrades for S stock the various depots and stabling points
have lost capacity - particularly on the S7 lines as Triangle Sidings
(2 roads), Parsons Green (1 road) and Ealing Common depot have lost
stabling positions. I think the downgrade at Hammersmith Met. from a
depot to a stabling point lost space too. A number (not sure how many
but more than 1 anyway) of H&C trains have to be worked to Neasden at
the end of the day for stabling and some work through to Upminster DT.

LU are currently lucky as a number of the trains are away at Derby for
fitment of the on-board ATO kit, a few at a time but once they all
return there will need to be space for them.
--

Steve F.
London Docklands, E16, UK
Old December 10th 17, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 10 Dec 2017 14:06:48 +0000, Steve F. wrote:

On Sun, 26 Nov 2017 10:31:16 -0600,
wrote:

In article
-september.

[...]