Old April 3rd 04, 10:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default New rail operator "One"

In article ,
(MorrisJ2) wrote:

I know the name of the rail company taking over ALL train services from
Liverpoool Street today is "One". [
www.onerailway.com]

BUT - Was my friend winding me up today (1/1/04) when he said the tannoy
announcement he heard this morning at London LS, instead of being "the
0730 First Great Eastern service to ....." was changed to "the 0730
'One' service to ....." ?!!

Annoying if you arrive 30 seconds "early" to find the train gone half a
minute ago. Confusing if true, but I DO know what the date is, Mike!!

Only one of the bizarre effects of this choice of name. I went through the
day thinking it must be some awful April Fool.

In Cambridge it's a total disaster. One run the station but the rump WAGN
still run most of the trains including all the fast ones. Their staff are
no longer allowed to sell tickets on the station so there were severely
limited facilities on Thursday with three of the four machines out of
action when I was there in the morning. One was still out of service in
the evening. The One web site live arrivals and departures only includes
One services even though the other franchises involved (WAGN and Central)
are also National Express owned.

We're expecting more fragmentation. I wonder how much longer unified
London timetable leaflets will remain. :-(

--
Colin Rosenstiel

Old April 4th 04, 08:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Colin Rosenstiel" wrote in message

three of the four machines out of
action when I was there in the morning.
One was still out of service in the evening.

LOL. One is very confused by your statement!

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old April 4th 04, 08:44 AM posted to uk.transport.london
Kat Kat is offline

In message , MorrisJ2
writes
I know the name of the rail company taking over ALL train services from
Liverpoool Street today is "One". [www.onerailway.com]

One for sorrow?
Magpie Railways maybe.....
--
Kat Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

Old April 4th 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Paul Corfield) wrote:

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:51 +0100 (BST),
(Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:

In Cambridge it's a total disaster. One run the station but the rump
WAGN still run most of the trains including all the fast ones. Their
staff are no longer allowed to sell tickets on the station so there
were severely limited facilities on Thursday with three of the four
machines out of action when I was there in the morning. One was still
out of service in the evening. The One web site live arrivals and
departures only includes One services even though the other franchises
involved (WAGN and Central) are also National Express owned.

Please tell me the above is a joke and not reality? The above nonsense
should be sent to the Chairman of National Express telling him to sort
his bunch of management clowns out.

Name and address?

While First are not exactly my favourite company I still think it was a
mistake to give the whole of the Anglia franchise to National Express.
First seemed to do a decent job of running First Great Eastern and I
certainly would not have objected to them running the Chingford Line
into Liverpool St. Still Mr Bowker knows best I guess.

National Express seemed to run WAGN OK since they took over the franchise
from Prism.

I'm on the County Council's Rail Strategy group and raised concerns about
fragmented management at Cambridge with the SRA and National Express.

I am indeed extremely disappointed to find this on the first day of the
franchise. I'll see how things develop this week.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 4th 04, 07:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

"MorrisJ2" wrote in message
I know the name of the rail company taking over ALL train services from
Liverpoool Street today is "One". [www.onerailway.com]

Or as the leaflet says "*Except for services operated by c2c from Liverpool
St"

y direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For Railway Information, News & Photos check out the Award Winning Railways
Online at http://www.railwaysonline.co.uk
"Loving First Great Western Link since 2004"

Old April 4th 04, 10:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(Richard J.) wrote:

Phil White CBE
Chief Executive
National Express Group plc
75 Davies Street
London
W1K 5HT

TVM.

--
Colin Rosenstiel
Old April 5th 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 3 Apr 2004 23:51 +0100 (BST), (Colin
Rosenstiel) wrote:
In article ,
(MorrisJ2) wrote:
I know the name of the rail company taking over ALL train services from
Liverpoool Street today is "One". [
www.onerailway.com]
snip
The One web site live arrivals and departures only includes
One services even though the other franchises involved (WAGN and Central)
are also National Express owned.

This is the bit that gets me. One railway, one brand etc etc. But then
they've excluded the GN of WAGN and Central.

I can understand that this 'One' brand is current for the Eastern
region only, and hence Central isn't included, but the exclusion of
WAGN is quite irritating.

Good luck with chasing the CEO, Colin.

Sam
--