Old April 7th 18, 05:55 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Hanwell Station

It's planned to have lifts added this year. I hope they won't butcher
the station too much, because it's a listed building and is quite
historic and worth visiting if you're in the area.

Old April 12th 18, 03:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, 7 April 2018 06:55:35 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
It's planned to have lifts added this year. I hope they won't butcher
the station too much, because it's a listed building and is quite
historic and worth visiting if you're in the area.

Hanwell Station used to be bedevilled with graffiti - on an industrial scale. Then reportedly one night the yoof responsible was on the tracks near Hanwell and got killed by a HEX. The station has been 'clean' ever since.

However if the demolition of West Drayton and Hayes & Harlington stations is anything to go by Hanwell will be almost completely demolished regardingles of any 'listing' status.
Old April 13th 18, 07:59 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

I didn't know Hanwell Station was of special interest. I'll visit it next week.
Old April 15th 18, 07:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Saturday, 7 April 2018 06:55:35 UTC+1, Basil Jet wrote:
It's planned to have lifts added this year. I hope they won't butcher
the station too much, because it's a listed building and is quite
historic and worth visiting if you're in the area.

I understand the accessibility works are designed to be sympathetic. There will have to be a lift tower but there will not be the mass demolition envisaged elsewhere at the western stations. I'm sure I saw an artists impression online - possibly on the Crossrail website.

--
Paul C
via Google
Old April 15th 18, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 2018\04\13 20:59, Robin9 wrote:
I didn't know Hanwell Station was of special interest. I'll visit it
next week.

Okay, I hope you don't travel too far and I hope it doesn't disappoint.
It's not Wemyss Bay. But it is like a pleasant little station in
Somerset or Wiltshire.

Old April 17th 18, 10:07 AM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.crossrail.co.uk/route/wes...anwell-station