London Banter

-   -   Whats going on at Moorgate? (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/15689-whats-going-moorgate.html)

[email protected] May 22nd 18 03:43 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

On Mon, 21 May 2018 13:44:10 +0100
Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:38:12 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Surely that just requires laying some conductor rail? Plus there's nothing
happening at Barbican, the line is still blocked with a partition wall at
the west end of the station.

Recliner[_3_] May 22nd 18 06:46 PM

Whats going on at Moorgate?

Recliner wrote:
On Mon, 21 May 2018 12:38:12 +0000 (UTC), wrote:

I was on the Met line platforms at moorgate for the first time in about 5
years today. The entire old Thameslink platform has been partitioned off. Is
this to do with crossrail or is something else going on in there?

Turning the old CWL into LU sidings.

Surely that just requires laying some conductor rail? Plus there's nothing
happening at Barbican, the line is still blocked with a partition wall at
the west end of the station.

At the very least, several new crossovers and signals are needed.