Old May 24th 18, 11:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Identify station

https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I enjoy identifying places in London when watching TV series and
films, but I've had no luck with this one.

The frame is from an episode of Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! first
broadcast in 2018.

-- jhk

Old May 24th 18, 11:19 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 2018\05\24 11:11, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I enjoy identifying places in London when watching TV series and
films, but I've had no luck with this one.

The frame is from an episode of Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! first
broadcast in 2018.

-- jhk

Herne Hill, viewed from the south.
Old May 24th 18, 11:36 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Thu, 24 May 2018 11:19:33 +0100, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 2018\05\24 11:11, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I enjoy identifying places in London when watching TV series and
films, but I've had no luck with this one.

The frame is from an episode of Can't Pay? We'll Take It Away! first
broadcast in 2018.

-- jhk

Herne Hill, viewed from the south.

That was quick, thanks!

--
jhk
Old May 24th 18, 01:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

On 2018\05\24 11:11, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

Herne Hill, viewed from the south.

What kind of train is approaching the station? Looks a bit like First
Great Western, but it's a Southeastern station.

--
jhk
Old May 24th 18, 04:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thursday, 24 May 2018 11:10:59 UTC+1, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I went for Raynes Park. A weak guess. I know Herne Hill but I wouldn't have got it anyway.

I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.

At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.

So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldin...ailway_station
namely:
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."

That tiny but apparently earth-shattering contri was gone within a day:
it was "unsourced trivia".

Old May 24th 18, 06:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 May 2018 08:54:09 -0700 (PDT), Offramp
wrote:

I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.

At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.

So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldin...ailway_station
namely:
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."

That tiny but apparently earth-shattering contri was gone within a day:
it was "unsourced trivia".

Try adding the film as a reference.

--
jhk
Old May 24th 18, 06:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.

At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.

So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldin...ailway_station
namely:
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."

That tiny but apparently earth-shattering contri was gone within a day:
it was "unsourced trivia".

Try adding the film as a reference.

Since the film is about Arabs trading in white slaves, the leftniks at
wikipedia might be banning anyone from referring to it for political
reasons (although the film does have its own wiki page).
Old May 24th 18, 06:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 24/05/2018 16:54, Offramp wrote:
On Thursday, 24 May 2018 11:10:59 UTC+1, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I went for Raynes Park. A weak guess. I know Herne Hill but I wouldn't have got it anyway.

I WAS WATCHING the 1973 film "White Cargo" two days ago, a British sex comedy starring David Jason.

At 27:00 he is at a station, Woldingham Railway station.

So I added an item to
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woldin...ailway_station
namely:
"The station appears briefly in the 1973 David Jason film ''White Cargo'', at the 27:00 minute mark."

That tiny but apparently earth-shattering contri was gone within a day:
it was "unsourced trivia".

Add it again with a reference this time to a source?

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0283137/locations " Woldingham Station,
Woldingham, Surrey, England, UK (Albert goes to The Grange, Upper
Woldingham)" with of course the date you retrieved it

Of course IMDB is not a primary source but I'd guess most Wiki warriors
won't want to go there

--
Robin
Old May 24th 18, 07:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 24 May 2018 18:50:41 +0100, Robin wrote:

[...]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Citing_IMDb

IMDb content which is in dispute about whether it is appropriate to
reference on Wikipedia:

Released films only: Sections such as the cast list, character
names, the crew lists, release dates, company credits, awards,
soundtrack listing, filming locations, technical specs, alternate
titles, running times, and rating certifications.

--
jhk
Old May 24th 18, 08:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Offramp" wrote in message
On Thursday, 24 May 2018 11:10:59 UTC+1, Jarle Hammen Knudsen wrote:
https://imgur.com/a/GKib8GZ

Which station is this?

I went for Raynes Park. A weak guess.

Raynes Park has staggered platforms