Old April 10th 04, 02:14 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default What will happen to KX Thameslink?

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Here's a thought - will the ticket office at King's Cross Thameslink
remain open? I suppose the subway is staying open so the ticket office
will have to - but will it be transferred to LU?

Why should they be transferred?

Because won't Thameslink have a completely new ticket office at St
Pancras Midland Road? Would there be any point in them running that
office at Pentonville Road when that entrance will only be particularly
useful for the Victoria Line?

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old April 10th 04, 03:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Robin Mayes wrote:
"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

Here's a thought - will the ticket office at King's Cross Thameslink
remain open? I suppose the subway is staying open so the ticket office
will have to - but will it be transferred to LU?

Why should they be transferred?

Because won't Thameslink have a completely new ticket office at St
Pancras Midland Road? Would there be any point in them running that
office at Pentonville Road when that entrance will only be particularly
useful for the Victoria Line?

The existing Kings Cross Thameslink platforms will remain open for the
present time. This is where northbound trains from Brighton will terminate
during the station case building works. If you're asking about the long term
future, I'll enquire, but with an improved tube ticket hall, a new western
ticket hall replacing the existing Metropolitan ticket hall and the strong
possibility of a Northern ticket hall, I doubt LUL will require another
ticket hall by 2007.

Old April 10th 04, 05:24 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Robin Mayes wrote:

[...]

I meant once KXTL is closed and StP MR is open. If that ticket office is
closed then I imagine a member of (LU) staff will be still be required
to man the gates - which would probably lead to restricted opening hours
for that entrance.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old April 10th 04, 08:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

I meant once KXTL is closed and StP MR is open. If that ticket office is
closed then I imagine a member of (LU) staff will be still be required
to man the gates - which would probably lead to restricted opening hours
for that entrance.

When have you heard KXTL will close?

Old April 11th 04, 06:12 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

I meant once KXTL is closed and StP MR is open.
If that ticket office is closed then I imagine a member
of (LU) staff will be still be required to man the gates -
which would probably lead to restricted opening hours
for that entrance.

Isn't that entrance going to become an unmanned emergency exit only, once
the TL platforms shut?

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old April 11th 04, 04:56 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in message

Isn't that entrance going to become an unmanned emergency exit only, once
the TL platforms shut?

So, in an emergency, out of the frying pan...

Old April 11th 04, 05:51 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Joe" wrote in message
There is no new line. The new station will be built around the existing
line, and when the new station opens, the trains will still run through

the
closed station without stopping.

What, so the station will be closed forever? If, so when does it close. I
was there yesterday and found it very annoying that there is an

underground
tunnel linking Kings X and ThamesLink, but no mention of it above ground.

Because to use it, you have to have a ticket to go through the Picadilly
gate at KGX.

Marcus

Old April 11th 04, 10:11 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

"Robin Mayes" wrote in message
.. .

"Carl Bowman" wrote in message
"John Rowland" wrote in message

Isn't that entrance going to become an unmanned emergency exit only,

once
the TL platforms shut?

So, in an emergency, out of the frying pan...

?

The immediate vicinity of KX Thameslink is less than salubrious, so any
passengers exiting a future closed KX Thameslink in the event of an
emergency would not find themselves in an area of London village mentioned
in the tourist guidebooks.