London Banter

-   -   Fulham Broadway station query (https://www.londonbanter.co.uk/london-transport/16709-fulham-broadway-station-query.html)

Arthur Figgis December 9th 18 02:59 PM

Fulham Broadway station query

On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...
--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK

Recliner[_3_] December 9th 18 03:53 PM

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...

Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower than
the local competition.

Basil Jet[_4_] December 9th 18 05:26 PM

On 09/12/2018 16:53, Recliner wrote:
Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...

Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower than
the local competition.

Why? Are they awful?

--
Basil Jet - listening... St. Vincent. Star Park. Stealing Sheep. Stephen
Mallinder. Stereolab. Steve Harley & Cockney Rebel. Steve Mackay. Steve

Graeme Wall December 9th 18 05:41 PM

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...

Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower
than
the local competition.

Why? Are they awful?

Their USP is cheap beer and food.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Recliner[_3_] December 9th 18 08:28 PM

Fulham Broadway station query

Arthur Figgis wrote:
On 07/12/2018 17:10, Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

My local Spoons in suburban south London often has at least some
sub-GBP3 pints - I've seen a beer at near enough half the price the
nearby "nice" pub was charging for it - and I saw a sub-GBP2 one
recently (probably in Croydon or South Norwood).

I had a look at the new St Pancras one the other day. GBP4...

Yes, their prices are very location-dependent, but usually much lower
than the local competition.

Why? Are they awful?

Their USP is cheap beer and food.

Along with no loud music and a choice of real ales. I like them, as do
many others.

Graeme Wall December 9th 18 08:48 PM

Arthur Figgis wrote:
[...]

Depends, some are very good, others have got very tatty and are often
understaffed.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Recliner[_3_] December 9th 18 08:59 PM

Fulham Broadway station query

Arthur Figgis wrote:
[...]

Yes, they can be slow to clear away empty glasses, dirty plates, etc.

David Cantrell December 10th 18 09:20 AM

Fulham Broadway station query

On Fri, Dec 07, 2018 at 02:22:43PM +0000, Recliner wrote:

the old booking office windows, which now serve rather expensive
drinks (expect to pay over ?6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre).

For different beers, of course. It is of course outrageous that
different products have different prices.

[OS X] appeals to me as a monk, a user, a compiler-of-apps, a
sometime coder, and an easily amused primate with a penchant
for those that are pretty, colorful, and make nice noises.
-- Dan Birchall, in The Monastery

David Cantrell December 10th 18 09:23 AM

On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 09:48:24PM +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/12/2018 21:28, Recliner wrote:
Along with no loud music and a choice of real ales. I like them, as do
many others.

Depends, some are very good, others have got very tatty and are often
understaffed.

So Wetherspoons pubs are like other pubs then.

European immigration: making Britain great since AD43

Graeme Wall December 10th 18 10:40 AM

On 10/12/2018 10:23, David Cantrell wrote:
On Sun, Dec 09, 2018 at 09:48:24PM +0000, Graeme Wall wrote:
On 09/12/2018 21:28, Recliner wrote:
Along with no loud music and a choice of real ales. I like them, as do
many others.

Depends, some are very good, others have got very tatty and are often
understaffed.

So Wetherspoons pubs are like other pubs then.

There are more consistent chains.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.