London Transport (uk.transport.london) Discussion of all forms of transport in London.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 02:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,816
Default Fulham Broadway station query

This week, I used Fulham Broadway station for the first time in a
while, and I was reminded that the exits for the platforms are halfway
along, forcing you to walk through the new shopping centre they've
built next door.

In the original station, the building was on the other side of the
train shed. The listed building is still there, and now acts as an
eating/drinking court. Quite a few original features remain, such as
the old booking office windows, which now serve rather expensive
drinks (expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre).

https://www.flickr.com/photos/recliner/albums/72157676441818868

But I've not worked out where the original platform exits were. Were
they, as I assume, nearer the road, so it was a shorter walk to exit
the station, with no requirement to walk past a load of shops?

  #2   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 03:29 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,292
Default Fulham Broadway station query

In message , at 14:22:43 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre


There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at 2/pint? Postcode please!
--
Roland Perry
  #3   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 03:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,816
Default Fulham Broadway station query

On Fri, 7 Dec 2018 15:29:50 +0000, Roland Perry
wrote:

In message , at 14:22:43 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre


There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at 2/pint? Postcode please!


Their beers start at just under 2, and I think all were under 3.
  #4   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 05:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,292
Default Fulham Broadway station query

In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre


There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at 2/pint? Postcode please!


Their beers start at just under 2, and I think all were under 3.


When and where?
--
Roland Perry
  #5   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 09:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,816
Default Fulham Broadway station query

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!


Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.


When and where?


Fulham Broadway, as I said. I hope I'm remembering the prices right, but
I'm sure a round of three beers got ample change from a tenner at the
'spoons, but three pints cost around £20 in the arcade.



  #6   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 09:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,292
Default Fulham Broadway station query

In message , at 21:23:01 on Fri, 7 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at 2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under 2, and I think all were under 3.


When and where?


Fulham Broadway, as I said. I hope I'm remembering the prices right, but
I'm sure a round of three beers got ample change from a tenner at the
'spoons, but three pints cost around 20 in the arcade.


It's dead, Jim.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...spoon-pubs-in-
london-are-shutting-down-a3253666.html
--
Roland Perry
  #7   Report Post  
Old December 7th 18, 10:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,816
Default Fulham Broadway station query

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:23:01 on Fri, 7 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?


Fulham Broadway, as I said. I hope I'm remembering the prices right, but
I'm sure a round of three beers got ample change from a tenner at the
'spoons, but three pints cost around £20 in the arcade.


It's dead, Jim.


Except that it's not. As usual, you need to do better research before
making definitive, but completely misinformed, statements like that.


https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...spoon-pubs-in-
london-are-shutting-down-a3253666.html


That was then and this is now. I can assure that the Oyster Rooms is a
huge, busy pub with about ten draught beers and ciders on tap.

I'm sure you'd love Tim Martin's Brexit posters, too.

  #8   Report Post  
Old December 9th 18, 07:42 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,292
Default Fulham Broadway station query

In message , at 22:14:37 on Fri, 7 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:23:01 on Fri, 7 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at 2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under 2, and I think all were under 3.

When and where?

Fulham Broadway, as I said. I hope I'm remembering the prices right, but
I'm sure a round of three beers got ample change from a tenner at the
'spoons, but three pints cost around 20 in the arcade.


It's dead, Jim.


Except that it's not. As usual, you need to do better research before
making definitive, but completely misinformed, statements like that.


You aren't so much misinformed, as jumping to conclusions. I did use the
Wetherspoons site: https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs
because I was wondering if it might have price lists for each pub, to
check out your 2/pint in the Wetherspoons claim.

Nothing showing for Fulham, so I did some more research, and discovered
a couple of reports it was closing (as a Wetherspoons).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...spoon-pubs-in-
london-are-shutting-down-a3253666.html


That was then and this is now. I can assure that the Oyster Rooms is a
huge, busy pub with about ten draught beers and ciders on tap.


OK, so it was either reprieved, or hasn't found a buyer yet.
--
Roland Perry
  #9   Report Post  
Old December 9th 18, 08:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Oct 2014
Posts: 2,816
Default Fulham Broadway station query

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:14:37 on Fri, 7 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 21:23:01 on Fri, 7 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 15:51:48 on
Fri, 7 Dec 2018, Recliner remarked:

expect to pay over £6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at £2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under £2, and I think all were under £3.

When and where?

Fulham Broadway, as I said. I hope I'm remembering the prices right, but
I'm sure a round of three beers got ample change from a tenner at the
'spoons, but three pints cost around £20 in the arcade.

It's dead, Jim.


Except that it's not. As usual, you need to do better research before
making definitive, but completely misinformed, statements like that.


You aren't so much misinformed, as jumping to conclusions. I did use the
Wetherspoons site: https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs
because I was wondering if it might have price lists for each pub, to
check out your £2/pint in the Wetherspoons claim.

Nothing showing for Fulham, so I did some more research, and discovered
a couple of reports it was closing (as a Wetherspoons).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...spoon-pubs-in-
london-are-shutting-down-a3253666.html


That was then and this is now. I can assure that the Oyster Rooms is a
huge, busy pub with about ten draught beers and ciders on tap.


OK, so it was either reprieved, or hasn't found a buyer yet.


Neither.

You really need to improve your Googling skills. And read the posts you're
responding to properly.

  #10   Report Post  
Old December 9th 18, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity at LondonBanter: Aug 2003
Posts: 9,292
Default Fulham Broadway station query

In message , at 08:27:01 on Sun, 9 Dec 2018,
Recliner remarked:
expect to pay over 6 a pint, around three times the price in
the Wetherspoons in the new shopping centre

There's a Wetherspoons selling beer at 2/pint? Postcode please!

Their beers start at just under 2, and I think all were under 3.

When and where?

Fulham Broadway, as I said. I hope I'm remembering the prices right, but
I'm sure a round of three beers got ample change from a tenner at the
'spoons, but three pints cost around 20 in the arcade.

It's dead, Jim.

Except that it's not. As usual, you need to do better research before
making definitive, but completely misinformed, statements like that.


You aren't so much misinformed, as jumping to conclusions. I did use the
Wetherspoons site: https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/pubs/all-pubs
because I was wondering if it might have price lists for each pub, to
check out your 2/pint in the Wetherspoons claim.

Nothing showing for Fulham, so I did some more research, and discovered
a couple of reports it was closing (as a Wetherspoons).

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/lond...spoon-pubs-in-
london-are-shutting-down-a3253666.html

That was then and this is now. I can assure that the Oyster Rooms is a
huge, busy pub with about ten draught beers and ciders on tap.


OK, so it was either reprieved, or hasn't found a buyer yet.


Neither.


Too much trouble to say what's actually happened, is it?

--
Roland Perry


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fulham Broadway Conundrum Ben Nunn London Transport 10 May 9th 04 01:53 PM
Fulham Broadway tube John Rowland London Transport 4 July 24th 03 11:06 PM
Fulham Broadway Tube Hellsbells London Transport 0 July 17th 03 11:31 AM
Fulham Broadway tube Ben Nunn London Transport 1 July 14th 03 02:45 PM
Fulham Broadway tube Mait001 London Transport 0 July 13th 03 02:39 PM


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:52 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2018 London Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about London Transport"

 

Copyright © 2017