Old July 22nd 03, 11:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fulham Broadway tube

"Cal Nihoni" wrote in message
Saddened today to see the mess that is the original Fulham Broadway tube
station entrance, since the new entrance via the shopping centre opened

two
weeks ago.

It didn't look that messy to me today.

I noticed that there were no escalators down to or up from either platform,
and the lifts don't work yet. Three of the four lift doors don't have any
signs warning you that the lifts don't work yet, so you find out the hard
way by waiting for a lift that never comes.

Incidentally, the top floor of the shopping centre, which contains a health
and fitness centre and nothing else, has an escalator up to it and another
one down from it, despite it being only about 10 feet above the floor
beneath. I think the down escalator is particularly important: I can see
that no-one would use a health and fitness centre if they had to descend a
dozen steps to get out of it. I would love to know how the business case for
that down-escalator added up when the business case for an up-escalator from
the platforms didn't. Perhaps the health and fitness centre is hoping to be
visited by Whitney Houston, and they heard that "Whitney doesn't do steps".

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 24th 03, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote the
following in:

Incidentally, the top floor of the shopping centre, which contains
a health and fitness centre and nothing else, has an escalator up
to it and another one down from it, despite it being only about 10
feet above the floor beneath. I think the down escalator is
particularly important: I can see that no-one would use a health
and fitness centre if they had to descend a dozen steps to get out
of it. I would love to know how the business case for that
down-escalator added up when the business case for an up-escalator
from the platforms didn't. Perhaps the health and fitness centre
is hoping to be visited by Whitney Houston, and they heard that
"Whitney doesn't do steps".

I believe the escalators they use at tube stations are a bit more heavy
duty than the ones they use at shopping centres and the like, so the
tube ones cost more.

--
message by Robin May, founder of International Boyism
"Would Inspector Sands please go to the Operations Room immediately."

Unofficially immune to hangovers.
Old July 24th 03, 06:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I believe the escalators they use at tube stations are a bit more heavy
duty than the ones they use at shopping centres and the like, so the
tube ones cost more.

Is that why they break down every 10 minutes? Earl's Court, Notting Hill Gate
and Holborn to name 3 that have been replaced entirely at least twice during my
lifetime of travelling.

Marc.
Old July 24th 03, 06:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Mait001 wrote:
I believe the escalators they use at tube stations are a
bit more heavy
duty than the ones they use at shopping centres and the
like, so the
tube ones cost more.

Is that why they break down every 10 minutes? Earl's Court,
Notting Hill Gate and Holborn to name 3 that have been
replaced entirely at least twice during my lifetime of
travelling.

Marc.

And you've been travelling how long exactly?