Old July 13th 03, 01:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fulham Broadway tube

Maybe they were told (like with 2 other massively disruptive developments
they
have allowed: at Lots Road Power Station and Imperial Wharf) that the
developers could "cure" the housing shortage in Fulham overnight. And the
idiots at the Council no doubt fell for it hook line and sinker.

I don't think so. Hammersmith and Fulham has the most pro-Housing UDP
in the whole of London - uniquely it does not set a target for the social
housing but says it will try to get the most number of units possible.
If any developer proposed a housing development the Council would then
negotiate to get more units built there.

Well that is EXACTLY what the Council (who had hithero been vehemently opposed
to the Imperial Wharf scheme) told me and the local residents' group when they
performed their 180 degree maneouvre and approved the scandalosuly dense scheme
that we are all now suffering from.

In fact, your second sentence, rather confirms my point!

Marc.