Old April 29th 04, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default How to spot ****s on the underground....

Stuart wrote:
totally unlike most of the people I seem to get stuck behind....

1) Walk to barrier
2) Realise what that little piece of card they were given half an hour
later is for

[snip]

Don't get that much myself... but I suppose that's a dubious advantage
of most of my travelling being through Streatham which, alas, doesn't
have gates.

I get this kinda thing more in supermarkets, but that's a bit OT
Old April 29th 04, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 29 Apr 2004 at 08:41:58, Dan Gravell
wrote:

Don't get that much myself... but I suppose that's a dubious advantage
of most of my travelling being through Streatham which, alas, doesn't
have gates.

Why "alas"? Actually, I am always intrigued that Blackfriars main line
doesn't, either, so any computer keeping track of what I do with my
season ticket must get very confused..... first heard of on a bus headed
towards Streatham, then next reappears at Blackfriars LUL.....

Or, even worse, when I get on the system at Clapham or Stockwell and
then simply disappear - if I change at Bank, as I occasionally do, on to
the DLR, there is no exit gate.....
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 8 March 2004
Old April 29th 04, 09:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote:

Why "alas"? Actually, I am always intrigued that Blackfriars main line
doesn't, either, so any computer keeping track of what I do with my
season ticket must get very confused..... first heard of on a bus headed
towards Streatham, then next reappears at Blackfriars LUL.....

Or, even worse, when I get on the system at Clapham or Stockwell and
then simply disappear - if I change at Bank, as I occasionally do, on to
the DLR, there is no exit gate.....

Well I don't know about the economics of whether buying new gates make
sense, but just from a naive revenue protection/subjectively moralistic
point of view.

As far as I'm concerned the system must think I'm constantly on the
system making circular trips from City Thameslink and London Bridge

Dan