Old May 1st 04, 08:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

Default Bus direct to Thorpe Park?

Is there any buses direct to Thorpe Park from London?

I'm sure i've seen an advert for one on the inside of another bus, but when
I used "journey planner" on the tfl website the fastest route had 4
interchanges and a 20 minute walk from the final bus stop at Norlands Road.

Last time i went to the park using public transport, I took the train to
Staines then got on the shuttle bus to the park entrance. The bus was jam
packed and the fare was well over the normal bus fare, so i want to get
there a different more civilised way. The thorpe park website is useless.

Thanks

Ken

Old May 1st 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Ken" wrote in message
Is there any buses direct to Thorpe Park from London?

I'm sure i've seen an advert for one on the inside of another bus, but

when
I used "journey planner" on the tfl website the fastest route had 4
interchanges and a 20 minute walk from the final bus stop at Norlands

Road.

Last time i went to the park using public transport, I took the train to
Staines then got on the shuttle bus to the park entrance. The bus was jam
packed and the fare was well over the normal bus fare, so i want to get
there a different more civilised way. The thorpe park website is useless.

I don't know. It looks quite comprehensive to me.
+++++++
Coming By Train

Regular South West trains run from Waterloo direct to Staines. The 950
shuttle link operates from Staines station to the Park running every half
hour. Trains also run regularly from Reading and Guildford to Staines
Station.

An alternative route is available to Chertsey Station (2 trains an hour to
Chertsey from Waterloo via Staines except on Sundays when there is one an
hour) then catch either 451 bus from stop marked B on the Eastworth Road, or
446 at stop D 2 minutes away (out of the station forecourt turn left and
across the traffic lights) journey time 5 minutes with 4 buses per hour on
each route except on Sundays one every 2 hours.

Call 08457 48 49 50 for Railtrack timetables or visit Qjump.co.uk. Also
visit Southwest Trains for details on getting to Thorpe Park.

Coming By Bus
Staines Bus station is a 5 minute walk from the railway station. Buses
depart from
Stand 2.

From Woking take the 436/437/426 to Thorpe.
From Staines take 551 to Thorpe Park main road.
From Cobham take the 561 to Thorpe (one way). For more information call the
Travelline on 0870 608 2608.
Coming By Coach
There is a coach service from Victoria to Staines. Please click here to find
the nearest coach operator to your postcode.
+++++++
Which part of that is useless?
--
Terry Harper, Web Co-ordinator, The Omnibus Society
75th Anniversary 2004, see http://www.omnibussoc.org/75th.htm

Old May 2nd 04, 05:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Terry Harper
writes
"Ken" wrote in message
[...]

From Woking take the 436/437/426 to Thorpe.
From Staines take 551 to Thorpe Park main road.
From Cobham take the 561 to Thorpe (one way). For more information call the
Travelline on 0870 608 2608.
Coming By Coach
There is a coach service from Victoria to Staines. Please click here to find
the nearest coach operator to your postcode.
+++++++
Which part of that is useless?

Also in the national rail website there are downloadable £3 vouchers off
the entrance fee as long as you go by train first
--
Martin Summerfield
Old May 2nd 04, 08:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

"Terry Harper" wrote in message

(Really useful information snipped)

Ok I was exaggerating just a bit.

Coming By Coach
There is a coach service from Victoria to Staines. Please click here to

find
the nearest coach operator to your postcode.
+++++++
Which part of that is useless?

That last sentence about a coach operator near your postcode. You just want
to know which one comes from Victoria to Staines and does it actually stop
by the park entrance.

Ken

Old May 11th 04, 08:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Ken Ken is offline

"Ken" wrote in message
Is there any buses direct to Thorpe Park from London?

I'm sure i've seen an advert for one on the inside of another bus, but

when
I used "journey planner" on the tfl website the fastest route had 4
interchanges and a 20 minute walk from the final bus stop at Norlands

Road.

Think I've found a suitable bus by changing the search to "least
interchanges". The X7 runs direct from Grosvesnor Gardens (near Victoria)
direct to Thorpe Park.

Ken