Old May 10th 04, 10:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Old Angel Station

Does anyone know what's going on with the Old Angel Station?

Last time I was there, there was some sort of building work going on inside
with some sort of odd boarding put up around the outside.

Are the old parts of the station still accessible from somewhere within the
new station? (Obviously not for public access...)

I ask, cos I used to use that station a lot 17 years ago quite regularly
with my mother (when I was 5!) , and just about remember the three old lift
shafts - two newer lifts and an old old old lift...

Does anyone have any pics / info (particularly pics!) of the station at that
time? I used to get my mother to go on the old lift because it was old and
creaked and rattled a lot, and wouldn't mind seeing just what it looked
like.

I've taken a look at http://www.abandonedstations.co.uk/, which brings back
some of those memories, but I'm still after more...

Cheers,
Dave
---
(remove spamblock or reply to group)

---

Old May 11th 04, 01:11 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
(David Baxter) wrote:

Does anyone know what's going on with the Old Angel Station?

Last time I was there, there was some sort of building work going on
inside
with some sort of odd boarding put up around the outside.

The outside of the building always looked a disgrace from when they had
ticket gates put in. These had to be fitted on the pavement outside the
station and the area was then boarded over.

It#s a long while since I used to tour round the old Angel station. I
think somebody said the P Way staff had taken it over, I'm not sure
though - that may have been what the building work was for.

Are the old parts of the station still accessible from somewhere within
the
new station? (Obviously not for public access...)

Yes - through the door at the north end of the SB platform. A set of fire
escape type steps lead up to the the top of the stairs that led off from
the island platform.

[...]

Roger
Old May 16th 04, 12:49 AM posted to uk.transport.london

David Baxter wrote in message
[...]

some where in my loft I've got an old BBC documentary about the station
before it was modernised.

Old May 19th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"dave F" wrote in message

some where in my loft I've got an old BBC documentary about the station
before it was modernised.

Dave, did you get my email?

Dave