Old May 14th 04, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Croxley Link progress

Tom Anderson wrote in message ...
On 13 May 2004, McGinty51Road wrote:
There is no reason why the Bakerloo's couldn't return to Watford
Junction as well as have the Croxley Link to brings the Mets in there
too! Re-instate Platform 5 at WJ and there is plenty of room.

Could it be something to do with the difficulties of sharing the track
between NR and LU? I get the impression that it's already a headache for
the Bakerloo, and that would only make it worse, wouldn't it?

Well they managed for a few decades. Besides , since the bakerloo already
goes to Harrow its already interleaved between the DC services so I can't
see how extending it further would add any complication at all apart from
maybe stabling issues at watford junction.

not LU's fault; one exception, and my particular favourite, is the
Northern/Sutton Loop miss at Morden - the far end of Morden tube depot is
hard by Morden South NR station: how hard could it have been to join the
dots here?).

That was a bit of an oversight but I'm guessing when the tube was extended to
Morden maybe the current mainline encumbants of the area didn't want the tube
nicking all their passengers so perhaps they blocked an interchange station?

B2003

Old May 14th 04, 02:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Boltar wrote:
Tom Anderson wrote in message ...

On 13 May 2004, McGinty51Road wrote:
not LU's fault; one exception, and my particular favourite, is the
Northern/Sutton Loop miss at Morden - the far end of Morden tube depot is
hard by Morden South NR station: how hard could it have been to join the
dots here?).

That was a bit of an oversight but I'm guessing when the tube was extended to
Morden maybe the current mainline encumbants of the area didn't want the tube
nicking all their passengers so perhaps they blocked an interchange station?

B2003

Exactly. See "Wall of Death Railway Line."

A passenger extension round the side of Morden Depot to Morden South, or
a new station at Morden Road, would probably get shot down these days
due to capacity problems on the Morden branch of the Northern Line.

Plus, the trains are already full, and unless it can be proven that
South Wimbledon (Merton) or Morden will become less crowded if the
Northern Line went to Morden South, or if Morden Road was built, then
it's even more likely to be turned down IMHO on the grounds of
overcrowding risks.

Besides, would somebody living next to Tooting Broadway want to go to
Morden South anyway?

Brad