Old February 9th 05, 05:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Croxley Link Progress?

"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message
LU have announced that Herts CC have made a 'final' submission to the
DfT for funding for this project. The total cost is £65M (or ws last
year) and TfL is contributing £18M of this.

Is there a map showing the route of the link between the LU branch to
Watford LU and the disused Railtrack branch to Croxley Green? I presume that
Watford LU will be taken out of use, in the same way that Charing Cross
(Jubilee) is now redundant after the extension to Westminster and beyond.

Old February 9th 05, 06:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Martin Underwood wrote:
"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

LU have announced that Herts CC have made a 'final' submission to the
DfT for funding for this project. The total cost is £65M (or ws last
year) and TfL is contributing £18M of this.

Is there a map showing the route of the link between the LU branch to
Watford LU and the disused Railtrack branch to Croxley Green? I presume that
Watford LU will be taken out of use, in the same way that Charing Cross
(Jubilee) is now redundant after the extension to Westminster and beyond.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about...images/map.gif

Yes, Watford LU will almost certainly be abandoned.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old February 9th 05, 08:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Martin Underwood wrote:
"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

LU have announced that Herts CC have made a 'final' submission to the
DfT for funding for this project. The total cost is £65M (or ws last
year) and TfL is contributing £18M of this.

Is there a map showing the route of the link between the LU branch to
Watford LU and the disused Railtrack branch to Croxley Green? I presume

that
Watford LU will be taken out of use, in the same way that Charing Cross
(Jubilee) is now redundant after the extension to Westminster and

beyond.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about...images/map.gif

Yes, Watford LU will almost certainly be abandoned.

There wouldn't be any point in doing it otherwise. There was quite a good
article on the subject in MR December edition, complete with a half-decent
map. I still don't see how this excellent project can take a further five
years.

Regards

Jonathan

Old February 9th 05, 09:12 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 19:24:03 +0000, Dave Arquati
wrote:

Martin Underwood wrote:
"Peter Lawrence" wrote in message

LU have announced that Herts CC have made a 'final' submission to the
DfT for funding for this project. The total cost is £65M (or ws last
year) and TfL is contributing £18M of this.

Is there a map showing the route of the link between the LU branch to
Watford LU and the disused Railtrack branch to Croxley Green? I presume that
Watford LU will be taken out of use, in the same way that Charing Cross
(Jubilee) is now redundant after the extension to Westminster and beyond.

http://tube.tfl.gov.uk/content/about...images/map.gif

Yes, Watford LU will almost certainly be abandoned.

I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and Bedwyn...

PRAR
--
http://www.i.am/prar/
As long as people will accept crap, it will be financially profitable to dispense it. Dick Cavett
Old February 9th 05, 09:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 09 Feb 2005 22:12:35 +0000, PRAR wrote:

I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and Bedwyn...

Appley Bridge or Gathurst? Not *on top* of the canal, mind, though
there is an interesting and rather impressive 3-mode bridge crossing
between the two, where the M6 crosses the railway as it crosses the
Leeds-Liverpool canal all at the same point.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
When replying please use neil at the above domain

Old February 9th 05, 09:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005, PRAR wrote:

I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and Bedwyn...

At least two stations on the route from Gla QS to Edinburgh have
plaques directing to the Forth and Clyde Canal. One, at least,
reminds you to bring your own torch ;-)
Old February 9th 05, 09:42 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"PRAR" wrote in message

I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and Bedwyn...

PRAR
--

Heyford, between Oxford and Banbury. Excellent southbound cross
platform/towpath interchange!

Paul

Old February 9th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In message , Paul Scott
writes

"PRAR" wrote in message
.. .

I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and Bedwyn...

PRAR
--

Heyford, between Oxford and Banbury. Excellent southbound cross
platform/towpath interchange!

Smethwick Galton Bridge (with superb panoramic views of Telford's Galton
Bridge itself and of the man-made Galton Valley, a masterpiece of hard
work and engineering).
--
Ian Jelf, MITG
Birmingham, UK

http://www.bluebadge.demon.co.uk
Old February 9th 05, 10:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 22:42:14 +0000 (UTC), Paul Scott wrote:

Heyford, between Oxford and Banbury. Excellent southbound cross
platform/towpath interchange!

And much easier to use, now the trains don't have slam doors.

--
http://gallery120232.fotopic.net/p11218103.html
(Now just memories: class 501 trains at London Broad Street in 1981)
Old February 9th 05, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

PRAR wrote:
I like the way that Ascot road is shown as a Rail-Canal interchange
station. Can't think of too many others in this country, probably
Alvechurch and Bedwyn...

Bournville, as well.