Old January 27th 19, 02:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default GOBLIN electric tomorrow 28/01

Overground 378232 will debut on the 0648 Barking - Gospel Oak tomorrow.

Photos:
https://mobile.twitter.com/cmpd_date...14271866798080

C.

Old January 29th 19, 03:10 PM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

Boltar vindicated! TfL converted to Boltar's point of view! Let the
church bells ring out! I travelled in that 378 along GOBLIN today
at 13.00.

Very unusually, there were station staff on the platform and
they advised passengers to move further down the platform
as the train would be longer than normal. 387232 soon arrived
and there were empty seats available!

To prepare passengers for electric trains, the two car 172s will
now come to a halt at the end of platforms even if the exit is
at the other end. Clearly TfL expect the entire service to convert
to EMUs sooner rather than later.

It was a double first for me today. While waiting for the 378,
two westbound freight trains in succession lumbered through
Leyton Midland Road Station. I've never experienced that before.
Old January 29th 19, 08:39 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Tue, 29 Jan 2019 15:10:40 +0000
Robin9 wrote:
Boltar vindicated! TfL converted to Boltar's point of view! Let the
church bells ring out! I travelled in that 378 along GOBLIN today
at 13.00.

I get no pleasure from it. Its our money these clowns have wasted on the 710
herd of white elephants. And apart from the dodgy software they're also fugly
compared to the 378s.

It was a double first for me today. While waiting for the 378,
two westbound freight trains in succession lumbered through
Leyton Midland Road Station. I've never experienced that before.

Spend enough time at Highbury waiting for an ELL train to finally turn up and
then wait 7 mins for it to reverse and you'll see plenty of freight trains go
past.

Old January 30th 19, 12:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin9 wrote:
Boltar vindicated! TfL converted to Boltar's point of view! Let the
church bells ring out! I travelled in that 378 along GOBLIN today
at 13.00.

I get no pleasure from it. Its our money these clowns have wasted on the 710
herd of white elephants. And apart from the dodgy software they're also fugly

compared to the 378s.

It was a double first for me today. While waiting for the 378,
two westbound freight trains in succession lumbered through
Leyton Midland Road Station. I've never experienced that before.

Spend enough time at Highbury waiting for an ELL train to finally turn up and

then wait 7 mins for it to reverse and you'll see plenty of freight trains go

past.

Oh good lord, now you're whining about the fact that trains have
recovery time and don't need it because they're on time.

When the East London Line moved from being a tube line to part of the overground
we were promised a metro level service. So far they're failed to deliver. A
10 minute wait in the morning rush hour is NOT acceptable. As for turn around
time - in many other countries a driver is waiting at the terminus for a train
to arrive and he immediately takes over. Stepping back I believe its called.
Turn around time about 1 minute.

Old January 30th 19, 02:46 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 12:44:08 on Wed, 30 Jan
2019, Basil Jet remarked:

Oh good lord, now you're whining about the fact that trains have
recovery time and don't need it because they're on time.

___________________________
/| /| | |
||__|| | Please don't |
/ O O\__ feed |