Old May 14th 04, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Heathrow - Central London ticketing...

On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?
I have not Oyster
Thank You.

Old May 14th 04, 03:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london
DJ DJ is offline

"Aglians" wrote in message
On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?
I have not Oyster
Thank You.

Hi,

Yes, the Zones 1-6 one day Travelcard. Buy it from the ticket machines or
ticket windows in the tube station at Heathrow.

It gives you unlimited travel on the Underground, the DLR, buses and trams
in all of the zones.

DJ.

Old May 14th 04, 04:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 May 2004 17:14:15 +0200, "Aglians"
wrote:

On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?
I have not Oyster

You do not mention the time of the day you are travelling but for
convenience and probably value for money you will need a Z1-6 Day
Travelcard or Z1-6 Off Peak Travelcard.

More info at
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tfl/fares-tick...ards-day.shtml
--
Paul C

Old May 15th 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 May 2004 15:50:33 GMT, DJ
wrote in :
"Aglians" wrote in message
On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?

Yes, the Zones 1-6 one day Travelcard. Buy it from the ticket machines or
ticket windows in the tube station at Heathrow.

It gives you unlimited travel on the Underground, the DLR, buses and trams
in all of the zones.

For completeness: that's only within all the numbered central
zones 1 to 6 -- you need extensions to go into the outer alphabetically
named zones (Watford, Amersham, etc.)

--
Ivan Reid, Electronic & Computer Engineering, ___ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Old May 15th 04, 11:37 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 14 May 2004 at 17:14:15, Aglians wrote:

On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?
I have not Oyster
Thank You.

You can still buy a cardboard "Travelcard", which would be the best
thing to get. If you're arriving before 9.30 am, you'll have to pay
slightly more for a "Peak" Travelcard; after 9.30 am it gets cheaper.
Either way, the ticket will last you all day for all the journeys you
need to make.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004

Old May 16th 04, 07:41 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the

same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?
I have not Oyster

You do not mention the time of the day you are travelling but for
convenience and probably value for money you will need a Z1-6 Day
Travelcard or Z1-6 Off Peak Travelcard.

Can I travel with a five zones single ticket 2-6 (£ 2.40) and a day peak
travelcard 1-2 (£ 5.30)?
Can I go, with these tickets, from Heathrow to zone 1 without "strategic"
changes?
Thanks to all.

Old May 16th 04, 10:20 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 16 May 2004 09:41:28 +0200, "Aglians"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the

same
day I think to make a lot of journeys into Central London.
Can anyone suggest me the "perfect ticketing" for that day?
I have not Oyster

You do not mention the time of the day you are travelling but for
convenience and probably value for money you will need a Z1-6 Day
Travelcard or Z1-6 Off Peak Travelcard.

Can I travel with a five zones single ticket 2-6 (£ 2.40) and a day peak
travelcard 1-2 (£ 5.30)?
Can I go, with these tickets, from Heathrow to zone 1 without "strategic"
changes?
Thanks to all.

I don't see why not as I am not aware of any restriction on combining
the tickets you want as they overlap at Zone 2. If anyone else thinks my
advice is wrong then please say so.

You will need to purchase your tickets at a ticket office at Heathrow
because the ticket vending machines almost certainly will not have the
Peak Z12 Day travelcard on them. I take it you are not returning to
Heathrow later in the day?
--
Paul C

Old May 16th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Corfield wrote in
:

wrote:

. ..
wrote:

[...]

Wouldn't a four zone (3-6) single do just as well, even if the boundary
station (Turnham Green in this case) wasn't in both zones anyway?

If Heathrow won't/can't sell the combination of tickets you could always
buy a One Day LT Card GBP 8.20, valid Zones 1-6 without peak hour
restriction but valid on LT services (Underground, Buses and Croydon Trams)
only.

Old May 16th 04, 02:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

You will need to purchase your tickets at a ticket office at Heathrow
because the ticket vending machines almost certainly will not have the
Peak Z12 Day travelcard on them. I take it you are not returning to
Heathrow later in the day?
--
Paul C

Yes, I will not return to Heathtrow.
What does mean LT?
London Transport, London Travel or something else?

Thanks to all.

Old May 17th 04, 12:57 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

On 26th May I will need to go from Heathrow to Central London. In the

Can I travel with a five zones single ticket 2-6 (£ 2.40) and a day peak
travelcard 1-2 (£ 5.30)?
Can I go, with these tickets, from Heathrow to zone 1 without "strategic"
changes?
Thanks to all.

I don't see why not as I am not aware of any restriction on combining
the tickets you want as they overlap at Zone 2. If anyone else thinks my
advice is wrong then please say so.

I asked for it to TFL. They answered that is correct to travel with a single
ticket zones 3-4-5-6 and a day travelcard Z1-2.
Thanl You.