Old March 22nd 19, 02:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 95/96 stock in northfields depot

In message , at 22:46:49 on Thu, 21 Mar
2019, Recliner remarked:

As the Victoria line is entirely underground,

Apart from the depot at Northumberland Park.

Yes, we know — why do you think I worded my comment the way I did?

I have no idea. It was almost suggesting that efficient brakes were not
required in the depot in rainy weather.

Old March 22nd 19, 06:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019 10:30:59 +0000, Basil Jet
wrote:

On 21/03/2019 17:13, Recliner wrote:

Yes, the Northfields test track is really about testing new brake designs
or materials, particularly in wet conditions.

Really? Surely that would be done in Derby or Japan or somewhere.

Japan? No LU trains have ever come from Japan, and none are planned
to.

LU trains typically have a very long life, and it's not uncommon for
new brake materials to be introduced along the way. For example,
perhaps the older stocks once had asbestos brake pads/linings. These
would obviously have had to be replaced with new materials, and tested
in both dry and wet conditions. Perhaps WSP was retrofitted to some
stock(s) during the long life, or the WSP technology improved. Again,
testing would be needed.
Old March 23rd 19, 09:05 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 22:46:49 on Thu, 21 Mar
2019, Recliner remarked:

As the Victoria line is entirely underground,

Apart from the depot at Northumberland Park.

Yes, we know — why do you think I worded my comment the way I did?

I have no idea. It was almost suggesting that efficient brakes were not
required in the depot in rainy weather.

Perhaps you could tell us how often they run trains full of passengers at
50 mph through the depot?

Old March 24th 19, 01:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 10:05:30 on Sat, 23 Mar
2019, Recliner remarked:

As the Victoria line is entirely underground,

Apart from the depot at Northumberland Park.

Yes, we know — why do you think I worded my comment the way I did?

I have no idea. It was almost suggesting that efficient brakes were not
required in the depot in rainy weather.

Perhaps you could tell us how often they run trains full of passengers at
50 mph through the depot?

Happy to, even though it doesn't help answer the question as to why you
"worded your comment the way you did".
Old March 25th 19, 09:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 24 Mar 2019 14:27:11 +0000
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:05:30 on Sat, 23 Mar
2019, Recliner remarked:

As the Victoria line is entirely underground,

Apart from the depot at Northumberland Park.

Yes, we know — why do you think I worded my comment the way I did?

I have no idea. It was almost suggesting that efficient brakes were not
required in the depot in rainy weather.

Perhaps you could tell us how often they run trains full of passengers at
50 mph through the depot?

Happy to, even though it doesn't help answer the question as to why you
"worded your comment the way you did".

On a related note, does the Bakerloo still run passenger trains through its
depot at Queens Park? I haven't been up that way for a couple of decades.

Old March 25th 19, 09:39 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 10:05:30 on Sat, 23 Mar
2019, Recliner remarked:

As the Victoria line is entirely underground,

Apart from the depot at Northumberland Park.

Yes, we know — why do you think I worded my comment the way I did?

I have no idea. It was almost suggesting that efficient brakes were not
required in the depot in rainy weather.

Perhaps you could tell us how often they run trains full of passengers at
50 mph through the depot?

Happy to, even though it doesn't help answer the question as to why you
"worded your comment the way you did".

On a related note, does the Bakerloo still run passenger trains through its
depot at Queens Park? I haven't been up that way for a couple of decades.

It's not really much of a depot, just a covered reversing siding, and, yes,
all service trains have to run through it. I did so on Friday. The main
depot is at Stonebridge Park.