Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old April 4th 19, 10:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Crossrail in trouble - again!

Mike Bristow wrote:
In article ,
Recliner wrote:
Mike Bristow wrote:
A chap I know can still work 7 days a week if he wants, so there's
no shortage of overtime.

Is that on stations that are near-complete, or on the ones that were far
behind schedule?

Dunno, I'm afraid: we usually talk about other things. I'll ask next
time I see him (if I remember).

I think, by definition, some stations still have lots more work to do,
which is why the opening has been delayed so much. There will be plenty of
pressure to get them finished asap, as their completion will determine the
earliest opening date. The same will be true of the train/signalling
testing. This delayed opening is losing TfL a lot of revenue, after all.

But some other stations are almost complete, and there's little point in
spending more than necessary to finish them off, given that they'll then be
moth-balled for a year or more anyway.