Old May 23rd 19, 10:34 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Service from Willesden to Fenchurch Street

Basil Jet wrote:

The latest RAIL contains a picture of, IIRC, a 710 in Fenchurch Street.
The caption says that on the 9th of May the pictured train formed the
1917 "service" from "Willesden" (presumably Junction) to Fenchurch
Street, and then the 2116 from Fenchurch Street to Barking, and then the
2150 from Barking to Willesden. What was all that about?

I don't think it was a passenger service. It's probably to test a
passenger-certified Aventra on the c2c route, as they have some on order.

Old May 23rd 19, 10:37 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

On 23/05/2019 22:34, Recliner wrote:
Basil Jet wrote:

The latest RAIL contains a picture of, IIRC, a 710 in Fenchurch Street.
The caption says that on the 9th of May the pictured train formed the
1917 "service" from "Willesden" (presumably Junction) to Fenchurch
Street, and then the 2116 from Fenchurch Street to Barking, and then the
2150 from Barking to Willesden. What was all that about?

I don't think it was a passenger service. It's probably to test a
passenger-certified Aventra on the c2c route, as they have some on order.

Test what? The timings don't seem to allow a trip via Shoeburyness.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
Animal Collective - 2018 - Tangerine Reef
Old May 23rd 19, 10:44 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

The latest RAIL contains a picture of, IIRC, a 710 in Fenchurch Street.
The caption says that on the 9th of May the pictured train formed the
1917 "service" from "Willesden" (presumably Junction) to Fenchurch
Street, and then the 2116 from Fenchurch Street to Barking, and then the
2150 from Barking to Willesden. What was all that about?

I don't think it was a passenger service. It's probably to test a
passenger-certified Aventra on the c2c route, as they have some on order.

Test what? The timings don't seem to allow a trip via Shoeburyness.

Presumably the route into Fenchurch St.

Old May 24th 19, 01:44 AM
Senior Member

Location: Leyton, East London

There was once a route from Willesden Junction to Fenchurch
Street. I have no idea if a regular service was provided. Nowadays
much of the route is part of the DLR.
Old May 24th 19, 04:21 AM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Basil Jet wrote:

The latest RAIL contains a picture of, IIRC, a 710 in Fenchurch Street.
The caption says that on the 9th of May the pictured train formed the
1917 "service" from "Willesden" (presumably Junction) to Fenchurch
Street, and then the 2116 from Fenchurch Street to Barking, and then the
2150 from Barking to Willesden. What was all that about?

I don't think it was a passenger service. It's probably to test a
passenger-certified Aventra on the c2c route, as they have some on order.

Test what? The timings don't seem to allow a trip via Shoeburyness.

Presumably the route into Fenchurch St.

Why test the route from Fenchurch Street to Barking but no further into
Essex? The only wild shot I can think of is that they are worried the
710s on the surface will in some way interact with the 345s in the
tunnel under Burdett Road.

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
These New Puritans - 2010 - Hidden

Old May 24th 19, 08:51 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:

The latest RAIL contains a picture of, IIRC, a 710 in Fenchurch Street.
The caption says that on the 9th of May the pictured train formed the
1917 "service" from "Willesden" (presumably Junction) to Fenchurch
Street, and then the 2116 from Fenchurch Street to Barking, and then the
2150 from Barking to Willesden. What was all that about?

I don't think it was a passenger service. It's probably to test a
passenger-certified Aventra on the c2c route, as they have some on order.

Test what? The timings don't seem to allow a trip via Shoeburyness.

Presumably the route into Fenchurch St.

Why test the route from Fenchurch Street to Barking but no further into
Essex? The only wild shot I can think of is that they are worried the
710s on the surface will in some way interact with the 345s in the
tunnel under Burdett Road.

It could be for things like signal sighting?

Old May 24th 19, 09:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Basil Jet wrote:

The latest RAIL contains a picture of, IIRC, a 710 in Fenchurch Street.
The caption says that on the 9th of May the pictured train formed the
1917 "service" from "Willesden" (presumably Junction) to Fenchurch
Street, and then the 2116 from Fenchurch Street to Barking, and then the
2150 from Barking to Willesden. What was all that about?

I don't think it was a passenger service. It's probably to test a
passenger-certified Aventra on the c2c route, as they have some on order.

Test what? The timings don't seem to allow a trip via Shoeburyness.

Presumably the route into Fenchurch St.

Why test the route from Fenchurch Street to Barking but no further into
Essex? The only wild shot I can think of is that they are worried the
710s on the surface will in some way interact with the 345s in the
tunnel under Burdett Road.

Incidentally, if they want to check if 710s and 345s interact, they don't
have to go far from Willesden, where the 710s have been sitting for months:
just take a short trip to Richmond or on the WLL, and they'll pass over the
GWML, with 345s running below.