Old May 17th 04, 06:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Bakerloo Line

Because so much of the network was up the spout today, I ended up
changing at Waterloo to catch a northbound Bakerloo Line service to
Charing Cross.

Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other at
Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 9 May 2004

Old May 17th 04, 07:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote in
:

Because so much of the network was up the spout today, I ended up
changing at Waterloo to catch a northbound Bakerloo Line service to
Charing Cross.

Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other at
Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?

They are on top of each other. The other place that I know of is Baker
Street, for both the Jub & Bakerloo, only because I use it everyday. I'm
sure ther are others - possibly Regents Park.

Old May 17th 04, 07:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes
Because so much of the network was up the spout today, I ended up
changing at Waterloo to catch a northbound Bakerloo Line service to
Charing Cross.

Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other at
Waterloo?

Yes they are.

And where else on the network does this apply?

There are several on the centre portions of the Central Line.
Old May 17th 04, 07:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Annabel Smyth
writes
Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other at
Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?

Several places. The layout tables in CULG show them.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old May 17th 04, 09:26 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message

Because so much of the network was up the spout today, I ended up
changing at Waterloo to catch a northbound Bakerloo Line service to
Charing Cross.

Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other
at Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?

You'll find instances of this on most LU tube lines.

Old May 17th 04, 10:20 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Nigel Pendse wrote:

"Annabel Smyth" wrote in message

Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other
at Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?

You'll find instances of this on most LU tube lines.

On the DLR, using the same sort of technology present in the Tardis,
presumably, there's at least one station where the two lines and their
respective platforms are exactly spatially coincident, only temporally out
of phase by several minutes.

--
Ian Tindale
Old May 17th 04, 10:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth:
Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other at
Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?

Clive Feather:
Several places. The layout tables in CULG show them.

But not for the Bakerloo at Waterloo, they don't.
--
Mark Brader, Toronto Carpe pecuniam!
--Roger L. Smith
Old May 18th 04, 09:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

They're not directly on top of each other.. but almost.. they're at angle
with one above the other.

If you stand towards the front of the southbound platform you can look down
through grills/vents and see the tops of the trains arriving in the
northbound platform.

Couple of stations where they are on top of each other though is St. Pauls,
and the Jubilee at Westminster. Westminster is an amazing station
architecturally speaking!

Old May 18th 04, 09:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Geoff Marshall" wrote in message
They're not directly on top of each other.. but almost.. they're at angle
with one above the other.

The pedestrian tunnel to the Southbound Bakerloo platform always feels very
strange, as you can see the platform level ahead of you, and go up a very
short flight of steps to get there from the end of the tunnel.

I believe this is unique on the system.

BTN

Old May 18th 04, 11:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth wrote:
Because so much of the network was up the spout today, I ended up
changing at Waterloo to catch a northbound Bakerloo Line service to
Charing Cross.

Is it my imagination, or are the two tunnels one on top of the other at
Waterloo? And where else on the network does this apply?

As other posters have mentioned - lots of places! The one I'm most
familiar with is South Kensington. There seems to be a very annoying
passenger flow to/from the Piccadilly platforms there - they are both on
the right as you are descend, and you have to cut across everyone
leaving the westbound in order to get to the eastbound platforms.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Oyster Pre-Pay on Bakerloo line Stevie London Transport 2 January 6th 05 05:51 PM
Bakerloo Line Extension Bored Of The Rings London Transport 28 November 4th 04 10:04 AM
Bakerloo Line Kevin London Transport 4 October 29th 04 04:59 AM
Bakerloo Line Joe London Transport 1 September 2nd 04 03:19 PM
Live ETA on Bakerloo Line Jaime London Transport 20 February 21st 04 04:31 PM