Old July 15th 20, 02:39 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

Default Banksy decorates a Circle Line train

On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 12:31:19 -0000 (UTC), Anna Noyd-Dryver
wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Banksy reminds LU passengers to wear their masks. Amazingly, his elaborate
performance was on a busy in-service train, and was videoed by a
collaborator:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCn800cFIbe/

I wonder if that has doubled the value of the S7 carriage?

All scrubbed off and back in service now.

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

Old July 15th 20, 02:47 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Banksy reminds LU passengers to wear their masks. Amazingly, his elaborate
performance was on a busy in-service train, and was videoed by a
collaborator:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCn800cFIbe/

I wonder if that has doubled the value of the S7 carriage?

All scrubbed off and back in service now.

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

You have missed an obvious problem with that.
Old July 15th 20, 06:30 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Banksy reminds LU passengers to wear their masks. Amazingly, his elaborate
performance was on a busy in-service train, and was videoed by a
collaborator:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCn800cFIbe/

I wonder if that has doubled the value of the S7 carriage?

All scrubbed off and back in service now.

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

Quite frankly I hope he's prosecuted as well.
Old July 15th 20, 08:54 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

You have missed an obvious problem with that.

Do you really think the authorities don't know who Banksy is?

--
Basil Jet recently enjoyed listening to
The Monkees - 1996 - Justus
Old July 15th 20, 09:40 PM posted to uk.railway,uk.transport.london

wrote:

Recliner wrote:
Banksy reminds LU passengers to wear their masks. Amazingly, his elaborate
performance was on a busy in-service train, and was videoed by a
collaborator:
https://www.instagram.com/p/CCn800cFIbe/

I wonder if that has doubled the value of the S7 carriage?

All scrubbed off and back in service now.

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

You have missed an obvious problem with that.

Absence of patrimonial loss?

Old July 15th 20, 10:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

You have missed an obvious problem with that.

Do you really think the authorities don't know who Banksy is?

There's a theory that it's not one man, but a group of two or three, such
as Robin Gunningham, Robert Del Naja and Jamie Hewlett. I reckon that, in
ths case, the video is the actual artwork, shot by Banksy, with a masked
friend doing the application.

Old July 16th 20, 08:47 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

You have missed an obvious problem with that.

Do you really think the authorities don't know who Banksy is?

There's a theory that it's not one man, but a group of two or three, such
as Robin Gunningham, Robert Del Naja and Jamie Hewlett. I reckon that, in
ths case, the video is the actual artwork, shot by Banksy, with a masked
friend doing the application.

Subcontracting/delegation to someone else to do the actual work while the
artist was the "inspiration" (or project manager more like) seems to be fairly
common in the art world. Even the old masters were at it. Slightly fraudulent
IMO but YMMV.

Old July 16th 20, 09:03 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

wrote:

I hope they billed 'Banksy' for the cost.

You have missed an obvious problem with that.

Do you really think the authorities don't know who Banksy is?

There's a theory that it's not one man, but a group of two or three, such
as Robin Gunningham, Robert Del Naja and Jamie Hewlett. I reckon that, in
ths case, the video is the actual artwork, shot by Banksy, with a masked
friend doing the application.

Subcontracting/delegation to someone else to do the actual work while the
artist was the "inspiration" (or project manager more like) seems to be fairly
common in the art world. Even the old masters were at it. Slightly fraudulent
IMO but YMMV.

Yes, having their studio do most or all of the actual physical work is a
long established tradition for artists great and not so great (like Hirst).
We don't know if Banksy normally does that.

But in this case, I think the artwork itself is the video, not the
graffiti, which they knew would soon be removed. So, if Banksy designed the
stunt and shot the video, than he could be said to have personally produced
the artwork. The spray paint was just one of the materials used.
Old July 16th 20, 09:09 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On Thu, 16 Jul 2020 08:03:02 -0000 (UTC)
Recliner wrote:
wrote:
On Wed, 15 Jul 2020 21:01:56 -0000 (UTC)
Subcontracting/delegation to someone else to do the actual work while the
artist was the "inspiration" (or project manager more like) seems to be

fairly
common in the art world. Even the old masters were at it. Slightly

fraudulent
IMO but YMMV.

Yes, having their studio do most or all of the actual physical work is a
long established tradition for artists great and not so great (like Hirst).
We don't know if Banksy normally does that.

But in this case, I think the artwork itself is the video, not the

Quite possibly given he doesn't normally video the process.