Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old May 21st 04, 08:51 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default DLR and one-unders

Today was the first one-under on the Copenhagen driverless Metro, and
that leads me to ask: how much of a problem is it with people
falling/jumping and in any other way suddenly appearing in front of
trains at DLR?
In Copenhagen there is a system of photocells by the platforms meant to
stop the train if someone decides to take a walk along the rails, but
it'd still be possible to jump/fall right infront of a train.

Before you make assumptions - the accident here happened at about 1700
local time, and investigation is still going on as to the reasons to the
one-under.

The victim possibly survives.
Unfortunately also 5 passengers is currently receiving psycological
first aid at the university hospital in Copenhagen

--
Lars Elmvang
Min mailadresse finder du ved kun at skrive det overeksponerede