Old May 8th 21, 03:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default 60+ pass use outside london

apropos something entirely unrelated, I was perusing the 60+ pass validity
and I came across the rule:

..

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services outside
of London."

at:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ster-photocard

and I thought *what*!

Is this just a lazy way of saying that it's not available on rest of England
busses, or do the really

Old May 8th 21, 03:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

.

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services
outside of London."

at:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ster-photocard

and I thought *what*!

Is this just a lazy way of saying that it's not available on rest of
England busses, or do the really

It's not valid on other train services which is probably more to the point.

--
Graeme Wall
This account not read.

Old May 8th 21, 03:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

oops sent that before I had finished

try again:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ster-photocard and I thought *what*!Note that what I am reading are pages updated for Covid, so are currentlydifferent to any previous pages you may have read.Is this just a lazy way of saying that it's not available on rest of Englandservices, or do they really mean that I can't currently use a TFL serviceacross the boundary?Because I've certainly done that on a bus in the past, and the ticket officeat "London Terminals", have used outside the boundary stations for sellingme excesses (no prompting from me)The map here's no help:https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/services/freedom-pass/using-pass/freedom-pass-travel-mapIt's recently been complicated by the "not before 9:00" rule, but containsnothing to differential between old person's Freedom pass and 60+ passes (itdon't claim to represent 60+ pass, but I can't find a map that does).I aware of the rule that doesn't allow 60+ pass use on Crossrail to Reading,but what about other "outside the boundary" lines?
Old May 8th 21, 03:14 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Graeme Wall" wrote in message
On 08/05/2021 15:00, tim... wrote:
apropos something entirely unrelated, I was perusing the 60+ pass
validity and I came across the rule:

.

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services
outside of London."

at:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ster-photocard
and I thought *what*!

Is this just a lazy way of saying that it's not available on rest of
England busses, or do the really

It's not valid on other train services which is probably more to the
point.

as per this map

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ass-travel-map

Freedom passes aren't generally valid on other services.

but as for use on operators that are "allowed" Dartford, Swanley, Hampton
Court and Tattenham Corner are outside of London but show as valid

Old May 8th 21, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

tim... wrote:
[...]

The 60+ pass is only valid in London. It's not a national bus pass (unlike
the Freedom Pass). It's always been that way, ever since it was introduced.

Old May 8th 21, 04:16 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 08/05/2021 15:00, tim... wrote:
apropos something entirely unrelated, I was perusing the 60+ pass
validity and I came across the rule:

.

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services
outside of London."

at:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ster-photocard
and I thought *what*!

Is this just a lazy way of saying that it's not available on rest of
England busses, or do the really

It's not valid on other train services which is probably more to the
point.

as per this map

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ass-travel-map

Freedom passes aren't generally valid on other services.

but as for use on operators that are "allowed" Dartford, Swanley, Hampton
Court and Tattenham Corner are outside of London but show as valid

Yes, that's correct, and applies to both FP and 60+. Crossrail to Reading
used to be the same for both, but subsequently, was limited to FP only.
Old May 8th 21, 04:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
[...]

what happened here ?

The 60+ pass is only valid in London. It's not a national bus pass (unlike
the Freedom Pass). It's always been that way, ever since it was
introduced.

Yes I know

but that doesn't make sense of the rule that I quoted, which seems to
suggest that I have to go to the driver and "pay" as soon as the bus reaches
the "London" boundary

Old May 8th 21, 04:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sat, 8 May 2021 15:00:14 +0100, "tim..."
wrote:

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services outside
of London."

Freedom Passes can be used on buses in England, with certain
restrictions. As far as I know the 60+ passes can't.

Here is the 60+ rail map on the TfL web site:

https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/do...l-rail-map.pdf

And here the Freedom Pass rail map on the London Councils web
site:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ass-travel-map

As far as I can see the only difference between 60+ and Freedom
passes is Reading. A Freedom Pass can be used on TfL Rail to any
station after West Drayton as far as Reading. (A Freedom Pass is
not valid on GWR trains.)
--
Roger
Old May 9th 21, 01:28 AM posted to uk.transport.london

tim... wrote:

"Recliner" wrote in message
tim... wrote:
[...]

Not on TfL buses. I don't suppose 60+ passes are valid at all on other
buses that operate into London.
Old May 9th 21, 07:45 AM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

"60+ Oyster pass holders are not entitled to free travel on services
outside
of London."

Freedom Passes can be used on buses in England, with certain
restrictions. As far as I know the 60+ passes can't.

That's a given

FP is also not valid (M-F) on "English" buses before 9.30 or after 11.00

In theory, English passes are not valid on TfL busses outside those hours,
but I don't think that rule's enforced (but have no way of checking).

Here is the 60+ rail map on the TfL web site:

https://tfl.gov.uk/cdn/static/cms/do...l-rail-map.pdf

That's great, how did you find that?

And here the Freedom Pass rail map on the London Councils web
site:

https://www.londoncouncils.gov.uk/se...ass-travel-map

As far as I can see the only difference between 60+ and Freedom
passes is Reading. A Freedom Pass can be used on TfL Rail to any
station after West Drayton as far as Reading. (A Freedom Pass is
not valid on GWR trains.)

Yep

That's been discussed previously here

--