Old June 27th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Picc derailment at Hammersmith

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , M J Forbes
writes
Where does an westbound Heathrow train become eastbound? T4 ot T123?

It's been said in here several times that T123 is the timetabling
point. However when I was on one such train recently I noticed that
the displays inside the carriage changed to "Cockfosters" at T4.

Presumably for the benefit of people boarding at T123? Drivers have long
been changing the destination blind at the penultimate station, both to
advise those joining the train at the terminal and to save a minute or two
allowing for a pee or a can of tea.

Old June 27th 04, 03:41 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Piccadilly Pilot" wrote in message
Roland Perry wrote:
In message , M J Forbes
writes
Where does an westbound Heathrow train become eastbound? T4 ot T123?

It's been said in here several times that T123 is the timetabling
point. However when I was on one such train recently I noticed that
the displays inside the carriage changed to "Cockfosters" at T4.

Presumably for the benefit of people boarding at T123? Drivers have long
been changing the destination blind at the penultimate station, both to
advise those joining the train at the terminal and to save a minute or two
allowing for a pee or a can of tea.

In fact, it's normal to change the destination at (or just after departing
from) Hatton Cross, so that people waiting at T4 and wishing to get into
town don't get confused by a train turning up with "Heathrow" on the front
(at least, that's the way I used to do it). The operational switch from WB
to EB takes place at Heathrow 123.
--
Cheers, Steve.
Change from jealous to sad to reply.

Old June 27th 04, 08:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In fact, it's normal to change the destination at (or just after departing
from) Hatton Cross, so that people waiting at T4 and wishing to get into
town don't get confused by a train turning up with "Heathrow" on the front
(at least, that's the way I used to do it). The operational switch from WB
to EB takes place at Heathrow 123.
--

Cheers Steve - Hatton X WB would seem logical, but how many people board at
T4 for T123, especially when the HX is free between these two points?

Regards

Matt

Old June 27th 04, 09:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

M J Forbes wrote:
In fact, it's normal to change the destination at (or just after
departing from) Hatton Cross, so that people waiting at T4 and
wishing to get into town don't get confused by a train turning up
with "Heathrow" on the front (at least, that's the way I used to do
it). The operational switch from WB to EB takes place at Heathrow
123. --

Cheers Steve - Hatton X WB would seem logical, but how many people
board at T4 for T123, especially when the HX is free between these
two points?

Passengers also board at T4's only platform for stations east of T123
therefore it makes sense for them to know where the train is going..

Old June 27th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roland Perry
writes

It's been said in here several times that T123 is the timetabling
point. However when I was on one such train recently I noticed that the
displays inside the carriage changed to "Cockfosters" at T4.

Depends on where the driver bothers to reset them.

Hatton Cross Heathrow 123 via T4 is 'Heathrow Loop'. The rest is
east/west bound.

Old June 27th 04, 11:11 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve Fitzgerald" ] wrote in message
In message , Roland Perry
writes

It's been said in here several times that T123 is the timetabling
point. However when I was on one such train recently I noticed that the
displays inside the carriage changed to "Cockfosters" at T4.

Depends on where the driver bothers to reset them.

Hatton Cross Heathrow 123 via T4 is 'Heathrow Loop'. The rest is
east/west bound.

I trust, Steve, that as one of our top T/Ops you'll be resetting at or just
after HX?

Old June 28th 04, 09:10 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Steve
Dulieu writes

It's been said in here several times that T123 is the timetabling
point. However when I was on one such train recently I noticed that the
displays inside the carriage changed to "Cockfosters" at T4.

Depends on where the driver bothers to reset them.

Hatton Cross Heathrow 123 via T4 is 'Heathrow Loop'. The rest is
east/west bound.

I trust, Steve, that as one of our top T/Ops you'll be resetting at or just
after HX?

I always do it at a point when I don't need to be in full control of my
train :-)
Old June 28th 04, 05:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 23:11:34 GMT, "Steve Dulieu"
wrote:

[of mr fitzgerald]
I trust, Steve, that as one of our top T/Ops

are usenet posts admissable in annual performance appraisals?

--
Paul C