Old July 8th 04, 04:49 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Decks vs hinges

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

tom

--
build the roof with holes in

Old July 8th 04, 05:27 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 at 17:49:53, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because wheelchair users can't climb stairs.
--
Annabel Smyth
Website updated 6 June 2004
Old July 8th 04, 06:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:
Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because wheelchair users can't climb stairs.
Annabel Smyth

Surely they could be accomodated on the lower deck ?
Cheerz,
Baz

Old July 8th 04, 07:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london
Joe Joe is offline

Tom Anderson wrote:
Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because Bendy-Buses can accommodate more people plus allow for faster
To reply direct, remove NOSPAM and replace with railwaysonline
For railway information, news and photos see
http://www.railways-online.co.uk
Old July 8th 04, 08:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Joe wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Incidentally, i am not the first person to think of this:

http://www.halfbakery.com/idea/Two-i...Decker_20Buses

The EU document linked to at the end contains a definition of the term
'double-decker articulated bus or coach', which suggests that these things
either exist or are likely to exist (or that EU lawmakers have too much
time on their hands).

Because Bendy-Buses can accommodate more people

Hang on - how does a single-decker bendy accommodate more people than a
double-decker bendy? I'd have thought the double-decker version would
accomodate roughly twice as many!

plus allow for faster loading with 3 doors instead of 1 for Entry/1 for
Exit.

Why couldn't a double-decker bendy have three doors, like a single-decker?

And why didn't TfL get the four-door Citaro G?

tom

--
I DO IT WRONG!!!

Old July 8th 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote the following in:

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004, Joe wrote:

Tom Anderson wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Incidentally, i am not the first person to think of this:

I'd thought of it too. And also, the bus in the film "The Big Bus" is a
double decker bendy bus (and nuclear powered too!).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0074205/

Because Bendy-Buses can accommodate more people

Hang on - how does a single-decker bendy accommodate more people
than a double-decker bendy? I'd have thought the double-decker
version would accomodate roughly twice as many!

I think everyone who has replied has interpreted what you said as
meaning "Why not use double deckers instead of bendy buses?". The idea
of a double decker bendy bus obviously seems quite strange! Personally,
I'd like to see one, although whether I'd like to travel in it is
another matter!

--
message by Robin May-Silk and his close friend, Robert Kilroy-Kotton
"GIVE IN! IT'S TIME TO GO!" - The NHS offers a high standard of care.

Would you take the office of relief?:
http://robinmay.fotopic.net/p4600200.html
Old July 8th 04, 11:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 8 Jul 2004 17:49:53 +0100, Tom Anderson
wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because the passengers on the top deck would get barbequed every other
month?

Old July 8th 04, 11:58 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because the passengers on the top deck
would get barbequed every other month?

You couldn't have a continuous floor upstairs, but I don't see why the front
half and the back half couldn't have self-contained upstairs sections.

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old July 9th 04, 12:21 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"John Rowland" wrote in
message
wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because the passengers on the top deck
would get barbequed every other month?

You couldn't have a continuous floor upstairs, but I don't see why
the front half and the back half couldn't have self-contained
upstairs sections.

Wouldn't it waste space to have two sets of stairs?

Old July 9th 04, 12:27 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , John Rowland
writes
.. .
wrote:

Why are bendy-buses not double-decker?

Because the passengers on the top deck
would get barbequed every other month?

You couldn't have a continuous floor upstairs, but I don't see why the front
half and the back half couldn't have self-contained upstairs sections.

I presume that the simple answer is that double-deckers are big,
lumbering and difficult to manoeuvre, bendy-buses are long, bendy and
difficult to manoeuvre, so combining the two would be a recipe for
trouble.
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do