Old July 21st 04, 04:00 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Victoria line extension to Herne Hill

If you look carefully on the TfL map of the ELL extensions at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/downloads/pdf/ELLmapA3.pdf
....then the Victoria line extension from Brixton to Herne Hill is shown!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old July 21st 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
If you look carefully on the TfL map of the ELL extensions at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/downloads/pdf/ELLmapA3.pdf
...then the Victoria line extension from Brixton to Herne Hill is shown!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Isn't that the thameslink project shown in light blue dashed lines?

Paul

Old July 21st 04, 04:59 PM posted to uk.transport.london

coopsweb wrote:

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message

If you look carefully on the TfL map of the ELL extensions at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/downloads/pdf/ELLmapA3.pdf
...then the Victoria line extension from Brixton to Herne Hill is shown!

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Isn't that the thameslink project shown in light blue dashed lines?

Paul

Yes - but Thameslink 2000 doesn't run between Herne Hill and Brixton. It
might just be a mistake though.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old July 21st 04, 08:09 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

If you look carefully on the TfL map of the ELL extensions at:
http://www.tfl.gov.uk/rail/downloads/pdf/ELLmapA3.pdf
...then the Victoria line extension from Brixton to Herne Hill is shown!

Are you sure? At the Brixton end, it goes to the NR station, not the tube.
This is a bit odd, since there's already track from there to Herne Hill!

None of the explanations i can think of (they're going to double the line
south with a tunnel, they're going to add a Thameslink shuttle between
Brixton and Herne Hill (if it's good enough for the Metropolitan ...),
they're going to divert some iSLL services to Herne Hill) make much more
sense than it being a Victoria line extension, and none make anywhere near
as much sense as it being a mistake, sadly.

Someone really ought to send a quick email to TfL and ask them about it.

Oh, and ''m a bit shaky on the details of the southern end of the ELLX;
can someone please reassure me that they are in fact planning a station at
Brixton, and have merely omitted it from this map?

tom

--
They Set Up Us The Revolution - Now We Have Set Up It Them Back

Old July 21st 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
[...]

They're considering it (along with Loughborough Junction) but it's not
definite since it will add extra expense.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old July 21st 04, 10:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article ,
Tom Anderson writes
Oh, and ''m a bit shaky on the details of the southern end of the ELLX;
can someone please reassure me that they are in fact planning a station at
Brixton, and have merely omitted it from this map?

To the best of my knowledge, the only new station planned on the
southern part of ELLE is Surrey Canal Road. Apart from that it's all
existing lines.

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work:
Old July 22nd 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Tom Anderson wrote:
On Wed, 21 Jul 2004, Dave Arquati wrote:

If you look carefully on the TfL map of the ELL extensions at:

Oh, and ''m a bit shaky on the details of the southern end of the
ELLX; can someone please reassure me that they are in fact planning a
station at Brixton, and have merely omitted it from this map?

They're considering it (along with Loughborough Junction) but it's not
definite since it will add extra expense.

Well, yes, it would, but it would also be hugely useful. Has anyone done
one of those cost-benefit analyses that Montague seems so keen on?

tom

--
buy plastic owl

Old July 22nd 04, 12:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, the only new station planned on the
southern part of ELLE is Surrey Canal Road. Apart from that it's all
existing lines.

Do we know the exact location of this station?

Tim (tm)
--
tim at economic-truth.co.uk Xbox Live gamertag: Xexyz
http://www.economic-truth.co.uk - the students' economics resource

Old July 22nd 04, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:06:03 +0100, Tim Miller wrote:

Clive D. W. Feather wrote:

To the best of my knowledge, the only new station planned on the
southern part of ELLE is Surrey Canal Road. Apart from that it's all
existing lines.

Do we know the exact location of this station?

Its on the site of the old New Cross Stadium
http://tinyurl.com/6gk9d
Old July 22nd 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Tim Miller
writes
To the best of my knowledge, the only new station planned on the
southern part of ELLE is Surrey Canal Road. Apart from that it's all
existing lines.

Do we know the exact location of this station?

TQ355779

--
Clive D.W. Feather | Home:
Fax: +44 870 051 9937 | Work: