Old August 23rd 04, 01:02 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Default Silverlink County Timetable

For those of you that don't know, the Sept 27th Timetable for Silverlink
County is now available on the web at:

http://www.silverlink-trains.com/wes...timetable.html

Jeff.

Old August 28th 04, 11:06 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Jeffrey Asante" wrote in message news:3559bd61461f767f8347df10188c00b4.17219@mygat e.mailgate.org...
For those of you that don't know, the Sept 27th Timetable for Silverlink
County is now available on the web at:

http://www.silverlink-trains.com/wes...timetable.html

Jeff.

Well that answers those Coventry whiners who are complaining about not
being able to get to Milton Keynes. I believe the current train in
question is:

Cov 0737
MKC 0812

There's a perfectly good connection in this timetable to replace it:

Cov 0727
Nhn 0803

Nhn 0809
MKC 0825

Makes you wonder why they don't make it a through train with a
six-minute pause at Northampton really...
Old August 29th 04, 08:17 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

In article , James
writes

Well that answers those Coventry whiners who are complaining about not
being able to get to Milton Keynes. I believe the current train in
question is:

Cov 0737
MKC 0812

There's a perfectly good connection in this timetable to replace it:

Cov 0727
Nhn 0803

Nhn 0809
MKC 0825

Makes you wonder why they don't make it a through train with a
six-minute pause at Northampton really...

It's not a perfectly good replacement - it goes 10 mins earlier and
arrives 13 mins later - 23 mins difference!!!!!
--
Andrew
Electronic communications can be altered and therefore the integrity of this
Old August 29th 04, 01:38 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

"Jeffrey Asante" wrote in message news:3559bd61461f767f8347df10188c00b4.17219@mygat e.mailgate.org...
For those of you that don't know, the Sept 27th Timetable for Silverlink
County is now available on the web at:

http://www.silverlink-trains.com/wes...timetable.html

Jeff.

Certain peak trains are "formed of InterCity stock". Have they
inherited some 86/87/Mk2/3s from Virgin?

Nick
Old August 29th 04, 02:36 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

On 29 Aug 2004 06:38:15 -0700, (Nick
Whitelegg) wrote:

Certain peak trains are "formed of InterCity stock". Have they
inherited some 86/87/Mk2/3s from Virgin?

I understand they'll be operated by VT under contract to SS and will
use a West Coast Mk3 set.

Neil

--
Neil Williams in Milton Keynes, UK
To e-mail use neil at the above domain

Old August 30th 04, 02:57 AM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

Andrew P Smith wrote in message ...
In article , James
writes

Well that answers those Coventry whiners who are complaining about not
being able to get to Milton Keynes. I believe the current train in
question is:

Cov 0737
MKC 0812

There's a perfectly good connection in this timetable to replace it:

Cov 0727
Nhn 0803

Nhn 0809
MKC 0825

Makes you wonder why they don't make it a through train with a
six-minute pause at Northampton really...

It's not a perfectly good replacement - it goes 10 mins earlier and
arrives 13 mins later - 23 mins difference!!!!!

That amount of time shouldn't make any real difference. If they really
find it so objectionable, there are two real cities, namely Birmingham
and London, which have far better jobs and far easier train journeys.
Old September 2nd 04, 03:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london,uk.railway

David Jackman wrote in message . 252.50...
(James) wrote in
m:

[...]

Remind me how long it takes to drive from Coventry to Milton Keynes (50
miles, station to station, 57 minutes according to my route planner.
Except of course the journey doesn't actually start at Coventry station or
finish at Milton Keynes station).

One day the railways will learn that losing customers is easy, winning them
back much more difficult.

Okay, so how about getting a couple of Meridians and running them in
VXC's slot between Birmingham and Coventry (divert VXC via Solihull,
swap the 323s on the Coventry line for the 150s on the Walsall Line
and extend them to Leamington), then either direct or via Northampton
to Milton Keynes, where the train can join the Slow Lines and either
run via Bicester Town to Oxford or via Aylesbury to Marylebone?