Old September 13th 04, 10:59 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default St's James Park's

Anyone bemused by LUL's inability to spell St James's Park might enjoy this
sign which has adorned the wall of the New York Subway since 1933...

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/SUBWAYS/...d/brodaway.jpg

--
John Rowland - Spamtrapped

Old September 15th 04, 04:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/SUBWAYS/...d/brodaway.jpg

) ehhh... that reminds me of my school years:

http://listsrv.columbusnetworks.com/shcool.jpg

--
cheers! Red
http://linx.by/red_74

Old September 17th 04, 06:32 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , at 11:59:39 on Mon,
13 Sep 2004, John Rowland
remarked:

Anyone bemused by LUL's inability to spell St James's Park

So what did they get wrong? The spelling of the area for centuries
before LUL was St James's Park.

Old September 17th 04, 08:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Roland Perry wrote:
In message , at 11:59:39 on
Mon, 13 Sep 2004, John Rowland
remarked:

Anyone bemused by LUL's inability to spell St James's Park

So what did they get wrong? The spelling of the area for centuries
before LUL was St James's Park.

Indeed, and LUL have generally followed that spelling (with a dot after
"St"). But there is one roundel sign on the eastbound platform that
says St. James' Park.

--
Richard J.

Old September 17th 04, 08:53 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Roland
Perry writes
In message , at 11:59:39 on
Mon, 13 Sep 2004, John Rowland
remarked:

Anyone bemused by LUL's inability to spell St James's Park

So what did they get wrong? The spelling of the area for centuries
before LUL was St James's Park.

But LUL like to back all the horses by having numerous signs with
different spellings. A case of at least one of them must be right? ;-)

--
Bob Adams - email address:

Old September 28th 04, 12:18 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Bob Adams wrote in message ...
In message , Roland
Perry writes
In message , at 11:59:39 on
Mon, 13 Sep 2004, John Rowland
remarked:

Anyone bemused by LUL's inability to spell St James's Park

So what did they get wrong? The spelling of the area for centuries
before LUL was St James's Park.

But LUL like to back all the horses by having numerous signs with
different spellings. A case of at least one of them must be right? ;-)

Woofferton - or is it Wooferton - or Wofferton - station syndrome...
Old September 28th 04, 12:10 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Red_74" wrote in message ...

http://www.forgotten-ny.com/SUBWAYS/...d/brodaway.jpg

) ehhh... that reminds me of my school years:

http://listsrv.columbusnetworks.com/shcool.jpg

I can just imagine what they must have thought after noticing.