Old September 24th 04, 08:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Preserved LU loco on "The Tube"

Watched The Tube on ITV last night. They showed some LU guys preserving
some old LU works loco in by way of doing this they had it carted up
to Epping to be put into "a private siding". What siding would this be?
Is it on LU tracks or on the old epping-ongar line?

B2003

Old September 24th 04, 10:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Watched The Tube on ITV last night. They showed some LU guys preserving
some old LU works loco in by way of doing this they had it carted up
to Epping to be put into "a private siding". What siding would this be?
Is it on LU tracks or on the old epping-ongar line?

B2003

I think it's the abandoned Epping-Ongar section, near Epping: I think you can
see the loco under tarpaulin from a nearby overbridge.

Marc.
Old September 25th 04, 08:12 AM posted to uk.transport.london

In article , Mait001
writes
Watched The Tube on ITV last night. They showed some LU guys preserving
some old LU works loco in by way of doing this they had it carted up
to Epping to be put into "a private siding". What siding would this be?
Is it on LU tracks or on the old epping-ongar line?

B2003

I think it's the abandoned Epping-Ongar section, near Epping: I think you can
see the loco under tarpaulin from a nearby overbridge.

In that case, it'll probably be covered in graffiti by now...
--
Steve
Old September 25th 04, 01:48 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Steve" wrote in message
In article , Mait001
writes
Watched The Tube on ITV last night. They showed some LU guys preserving
some old LU works loco in by way of doing this they had it carted up
to Epping to be put into "a private siding". What siding would this be?
Is it on LU tracks or on the old epping-ongar line?
B2003

I think it's the abandoned Epping-Ongar section, near Epping: I think you

can
see the loco under tarpaulin from a nearby overbridge.

Can you give any more details - I missed the prog ?
Cheerz,
Baz

Old September 25th 04, 07:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

I think it's the abandoned Epping-Ongar section, near Epping: I think you
can
see the loco under tarpaulin from a nearby overbridge.

Can you give any more details - I missed the prog ?
Cheerz,
Baz

The loco is (I think) L11: it's 2 ends of driving cars from Tube Stock (of the
sort which was, or possibly still, on display in the Science Museum, South
Kensington) welded together to form an electric loco for LT. It's
yellow-coloured - I am sure you can find a picture of it in old LT stocklist
books (Ian Allan) etc.

Marc.

Old September 26th 04, 08:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

It is L11. This has been raised a number of times by various ppl. It is
owned by Craven Heritage Trains Ltd.(CHTL) and is between the car park and
the old signal box at Epping approach.

Last time I was up there I noticed several large rectangular type
containers, the sort you often see used as portable offices, at the far end
of the car park which rather blocks the view now of L11 somewhat, certainly
from the station itself it does.

As for L11 it seemed the volunteers started some kind of remedial work on
the loco and it now sports several shades of battleship grey, dark red and
that awful yellow, in fact a real mixture. Seems to have stayed like this
most of the summer and now late Autumn without any significant change.

http://www.simon5596.supanet.com/L11.htm but the site seems very slow
regards, Redtube
See you at the London Tube Chat
http://way.to/tube or Undernet IRC
irc://undernet/tube

Old September 27th 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

redtube wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 26 Sep 2004:

http://www.simon5596.supanet.com/L11.htm but the site seems very slow

"Document not served due to excessive bandwidth usage"
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old September 27th 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

In message , Annabel Smyth
writes
redtube wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 26 Sep 2004:

http://www.simon5596.supanet.com/L11.htm but the site seems very slow

"Document not served due to excessive bandwidth usage"

District Dave has info and photos of it on his site:
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...11_saved_.html
--
Spyke
Address is valid, but messages are treated as junk. The opinions I express do
Old September 27th 04, 07:08 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Spyke wrote:
In message , Annabel Smyth
writes

redtube wrote to uk.transport.london on Sun, 26 Sep 2004:

http://www.simon5596.supanet.com/L11.htm but the site seems very slow

"Document not served due to excessive bandwidth usage"

District Dave has info and photos of it on his site:
http://www.trainweb.org/districtdave...11_saved_.html

As you leave Epping to head towards Ongar there is a LU siding on the
left. The line to Ongar is now owned by a Private Company called Epping
Ongar Railway.
Old September 28th 04, 06:25 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"James Looker" wrote in message
As you leave Epping to head towards Ongar there is a LU siding on the
left. The line to Ongar is now owned by a Private Company called Epping
Ongar Railway.

Whats this got to do with L11?