Old September 29th 04, 04:13 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Eurostar Meal

I'm taking the 10:34 am train from Waterloo to Gare Nord What meal do they
serve in First class?

Old September 29th 04, 07:34 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Wanderingjew698 ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

I'm taking the 10:34 am train from Waterloo to Gare Nord What meal do
they serve in First class?

A free one, with free booze.

If you want more detail, a quick phone call to Eurostar may help.
Old September 29th 04, 12:30 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Adrian wrote to uk.transport.london on Wed, 29 Sep 2004:

Wanderingjew698 ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

I'm taking the 10:34 am train from Waterloo to Gare Nord What meal do
they serve in First class?

A free one, with free booze.

If you want more detail, a quick phone call to Eurostar may help.

Well, it's not free, as it's about the only reason to pay a huge premium
for travel in First Class! Me, I'd rather pack a sandwich and sit in
Economy.
--
"Mrs Redboots"
http://www.amsmyth.demon.co.uk/

Old September 29th 04, 02:01 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Wanderingjew698 wrote:
I'm taking the 10:34 am train from Waterloo to Gare Nord What meal
do they serve in First class?

As you'll arrive in Paris in mid-afternoon (14:17 French time), I should
think it would be a full 3-course lunch. Bon appetit!

--
Richard J.

Old September 29th 04, 04:17 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Annabel Smyth ) gurgled happily, sounding much
like they were saying :

I'm taking the 10:34 am train from Waterloo to Gare Nord What meal do
they serve in First class?

A free one, with free booze.

If you want more detail, a quick phone call to Eurostar may help.

Well, it's not free, as it's about the only reason to pay a huge premium
for travel in First Class! Me, I'd rather pack a sandwich and sit in
Economy.

Last time I went on Eurostar (to Brussels), it was actually *cheaper* to go
first than economy for the train times we wanted.

With the bigger seats and *far* nicer atmosphere onboard in first, it was
an absolute no-brainer, and the free food and booze was just the icing on
the cake.

Old September 29th 04, 05:05 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 13:30:19 +0100, Annabel Smyth
wrote:

Well, it's not free, as it's about the only reason to pay a huge premium
for travel in First Class! Me, I'd rather pack a sandwich and sit in
Economy.

The huge premium was about a tenner last time I travelled first. It
can be worth checking the foreign prices as well as the UK ones, and
if you are lucky special offers can make first similar to steerage.

You also get better seats (2+1) (and a newspaper). You don't get let
into the lounges unless you have the right sort of first class ticket,
which I think is a bit rude.

--
Arthur Figgis Surrey, UK
Old September 29th 04, 06:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Well, it's not free, as it's about the only reason to pay a huge premium
for travel in First Class! Me, I'd rather pack a sandwich and sit in
Economy.

The huge premium was about a tenner last time I travelled first. It
can be worth checking the foreign prices as well as the UK ones, and
if you are lucky special offers can make first similar to steerage.

Oh, I didn't know that - maybe I will check. But mostly we go on the
Shuttle, anyway.

You also get better seats (2+1) (and a newspaper). You don't get let
into the lounges unless you have the right sort of first class ticket,
which I think is a bit rude.

It is, rather. Still, I suppose the poor business travellers on
expenses feel they need to be sheltered from the oiks.

Old September 30th 04, 12:50 PM posted to uk.transport.london

wrote:

Well, it's not free, as it's about the only reason to pay a huge premium
for travel in First Class! Me, I'd rather pack a sandwich and sit in
Economy.

The huge premium was about a tenner last time I travelled first. It
can be worth checking the foreign prices as well as the UK ones, and
if you are lucky special offers can make first similar to steerage.

Oh, I didn't know that - maybe I will check. But mostly we go on the
Shuttle, anyway.

You also get better seats (2+1) (and a newspaper). You don't get let
into the lounges unless you have the right sort of first class ticket,
which I think is a bit rude.

It is, rather. Still, I suppose the poor business travellers on
expenses feel they need to be sheltered from the oiks.
-------------------------
You got it dead right Annabel,We pay the extra fare money so that we are not contaminated by losers like you.

Old September 30th 04, 01:15 PM posted to uk.transport.london

--- "The Bloke Next Door" wrote:

You got it dead right Annabel,We pay the extra fare
money so that we are not contaminated by losers
like you.

At least the losers like her have the good netiqeutte not to post HTML to
newsgroups.

New Eurostar line from Waterloo Roger the cabin boy London Transport 24 September 25th 03 10:44 PM
Stratford Eurostar station. Zonky London Transport 53 September 24th 03 09:35 AM
Eurostar Rian van der Borgt London Transport 10 September 1st 03 02:09 PM
Eurostar K London Transport 0 August 28th 03 11:19 AM
eurostar route The Equalizer London Transport 0 August 11th 03 11:21 AM