Old October 17th 04, 08:07 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Lewisham train disaster1957 - names of victims

There's a letter this weeek in my local newspaper (News Shopper) from
a woman who's trying to compile her family tree. Her aunt was killed
in the Lewisham train crash. She's lost touch with relatives and
can't remember her aunt's married surname. She's trying to find a
list of the victims in the hope that she make deductions from her
aunt's first name.

I've done a google search but can't find any list of names and I know
that the memorial plaque put up at Lewisham Station a couple of years
ago doesn't give names.

Can anyone help?

Old October 17th 04, 09:13 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Gary Jenkins" wrote in message
om
There's a letter this weeek in my local newspaper (News Shopper) from
a woman who's trying to compile her family tree. Her aunt was killed
in the Lewisham train crash. She's lost touch with relatives and
can't remember her aunt's married surname. She's trying to find a
list of the victims in the hope that she make deductions from her
aunt's first name.

I've done a google search but can't find any list of names and I know
that the memorial plaque put up at Lewisham Station a couple of years
ago doesn't give names.

Can anyone help?

http://www.met.police.uk/casualty/index.htm would have a list though I don't
know if they deal with the type of queries from the public that is being
suggested..

Regards
Sunil

Old October 18th 04, 12:16 AM posted to uk.transport.london

"Gary Jenkins" wrote in message
om...
There's a letter this weeek in my local newspaper (News Shopper) from
a woman who's trying to compile her family tree. Her aunt was killed
in the Lewisham train crash. She's lost touch with relatives and
can't remember her aunt's married surname. She's trying to find a
list of the victims in the hope that she make deductions from her
aunt's first name.

I've done a google search but can't find any list of names and I know
that the memorial plaque put up at Lewisham Station a couple of years
ago doesn't give names.

Can anyone help?

Try posting your query to a Genealogy newsgroup, as people on their may be
able to help, I'm on a Mailing List known as GenBrit which is gatewayed
through Rootsweb but they also have their own newsgroup, if you have any
problems posting to them, be happy to forward this message onto them.

Linda