Old October 21st 04, 05:23 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Fuel cell buses

Can anyone confirm whether fuel cell buses are still running on RV1? A
friend of mine is doing a project on fuel cell technology, so it might
be useful to take a trip on one.
I also wonder whether it would be possible for him to get in touch with
anyone to talk to them about how well the buses have been performing and
what plans there might be for their future introduction?

TIA.
--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old October 21st 04, 05:34 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Dave Arquati" wrote in message
Can anyone confirm whether fuel cell buses are still running on RV1? A
friend of mine is doing a project on fuel cell technology, so it might
be useful to take a trip on one.
I also wonder whether it would be possible for him to get in touch with
anyone to talk to them about how well the buses have been performing and
what plans there might be for their future introduction?

TIA.

I'd be interested to know that too - we're doing some work on hybrid/fuel
cell vehicle electrical systems here.

Cheers
Angus

Old October 21st 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote the following in:

Can anyone confirm whether fuel cell buses are still running on
RV1? A friend of mine is doing a project on fuel cell technology,
so it might be useful to take a trip on one.

Yes, they are indeed. Here's some photographic evidence in the form of
a slightly rubbish photo of one I just about managed to take when I saw
it at the Aldwych end of the route:

http://images3.fotopic.net/?iid=y52f...ze=1&nostamp=1

The buses are run by First and they seem like they might be fairly
helpful if he gets in contact with them.

--
message by the incredible Robin May.
"The British don't like successful people" - said by British failures

Who is Abi Titmuss? What is she? Why is she famous?
http://robinmay.fotopic.net
Old October 21st 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote the following in:

Dave Arquati wrote the following in:

Can anyone confirm whether fuel cell buses are still running on
RV1? A friend of mine is doing a project on fuel cell technology,
so it might be useful to take a trip on one.

Yes, they are indeed.

Ah, you said "still". That photo is fairly recent (past two weeks) and
I think I saw one today, although I could be mistaken as it was seen
from some distance away.

Old October 22nd 04, 11:22 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Robin May wrote in message ...

Ah, you said "still". That photo is fairly recent (past two weeks) and
I think I saw one today, although I could be mistaken as it was seen
from some distance away.

I saw one yesterday. You might have to wait a while for one though, as
they can't even seem to produce enough "normal" Citaros to meet the
PVR...

Old October 25th 04, 10:22 PM posted to uk.transport.london

On 25 Oct 2004 16:41:54 GMT, Robin May
wrote:

(Rupert Candy) wrote the following in:
. com

Robin May wrote in message

Ah, you said "still". That photo is fairly recent (past two
weeks) and I think I saw one today, although I could be mistaken
as it was seen from some distance away.

I saw one yesterday. You might have to wait a while for one
though, as they can't even seem to produce enough "normal" Citaros
to meet the PVR...

Just more confirmation, I saw another today.

Up to three are scheduled on a daily basis (Monday - Friday only).

The timetable for these workings is available on
http://www.firstlondontimetables.co.uk/
Click on timetables, select "Routes R21 - W19" from the left hand drop
down menu, then "Route RV1 Fuel Cell" from the right hand drop down
menu.

The OP (Dave Arquati) wrote:
quote
Can anyone confirm whether fuel cell buses are still running on RV1? A
friend of mine is doing a project on fuel cell technology, so it might
be useful to take a trip on one.
I also wonder whether it would be possible for him to get in touch
with anyone to talk to them about how well the buses have been
performing and what plans there might be for their future
introduction?
/quote

Your friend could try contacting First London at MacMillan House,
where they should be able to direct them in the right direction.

HTH

--
Thomas Covenant
Please observe Reply-to address.