Old October 31st 04, 05:58 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossing of the Victoria and Piccadilly lines north of Finsbury Park

In message , at 01:04:13 on Sun, 31
Oct 2004, Marratxi
remarked:
I tried all those tricks before asking for help. It doesn't make a large
copy at all and if you try to enlarge it the definition is lousy. What I
really need is the map alone as a PDF file at 200% but without all the other
38 pages. The source file is almost 1Mb (marketone.pdf) at
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf
so if anybody can extract that page is pdf format or tell me how to do it I
shall be most grateful.

2nd attempt:

There's a nag-ware utility called pdfedit995 which will do this.

http://www.software995.com/

Old October 31st 04, 09:25 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Marratxi wrote:
"John Haines" wrote in message

In article , Terry Harper
wrote:

"Marratxi" wrote in
message ...

Anybody know how to extract the map from the end of the PDF
document marketone.pdf ? I have tried copying it from the main file
but it loses definition.

Click on the snapshot tool, and then click on the graphic. It is then
on the clipboard. Press F4 when you have the graphic on screen for
instructions.

Open a graphics programme and paste it in. If you do this with the
complete page, you will get poor definition. If you increase the size
to 200% or more, you will get a higher definition, but will have to
copy in sections and form a mosaic.

With the version of Adobe I use you can zoom after you select the area.
So, select the area you want, zoom it, then copy. Even if part of the
window is not visible you will get it all.

John

I tried all those tricks before asking for help. It doesn't make a large
copy at all and if you try to enlarge it the definition is lousy. What I
really need is the map alone as a PDF file at 200% but without all the other
38 pages. The source file is almost 1Mb (marketone.pdf) at
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf
so if anybody can extract that page is pdf format or tell me how to do it I
shall be most grateful.

Either use the freeware tool already suggested to snip off the last
page, or else email me and I'll send it to you - it's a 1MB file once
you take off the first 38 pages.
Old October 31st 04, 09:29 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Newt wrote:

Marratxi wrote:

38 pages. The source file is almost 1Mb (marketone.pdf) at
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf
so if anybody can extract that page is pdf format or tell me how to do
it I
shall be most grateful.

Either use the freeware tool already suggested to snip off the last
page, or else email me and I'll send it to you - it's a 1MB file once
you take off the first 38 pages.

Sorry, I mean 516k. Letme know if you want it.
Old October 31st 04, 07:55 PM posted to uk.transport.london

"Roland Perry" wrote in message
.uk...
In message , at 01:04:13 on Sun, 31
Oct 2004, Marratxi
remarked:
I tried all those tricks before asking for help. It doesn't make a large
copy at all and if you try to enlarge it the definition is lousy. What I
really need is the map alone as a PDF file at 200% but without all the

other
38 pages. The source file is almost 1Mb (marketone.pdf) at
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf
so if anybody can extract that page is pdf format or tell me how to do it

shall be most grateful.

2nd attempt:
There's a nag-ware utility called pdfedit995 which will do this.
http://www.software995.com/

Thanks, Roland. Unfortunately the downloaded file is corrupted (tried 3
times) but I'll try again another day.
Cheerz,
Baz

Old November 1st 04, 11:01 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Paul Terry wrote:
In message , Richard J.
writes

TfL journey planner maps

You have to devise a route that uses the tube line in question.

Ah, thanks. It is interesting to see the route of the Piccadilly at
South Ken if you enter something like Onslow Square to Knightsbridge.

(snip)

Definitely interesting. Do those maps get deleted from TfL's server a
certain time after they've been generated? Otherwise you can paste the URL:
http://www.journeyplanner.org/user/F...4186238D2B.pdf

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7

Old November 1st 04, 01:21 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Dave Arquati wrote:
Paul Terry wrote:
In message ,
Richard J. writes

TfL journey planner maps

You have to devise a route that uses the tube line in question.

Ah, thanks. It is interesting to see the route of the Piccadilly at
South Ken if you enter something like Onslow Square to
Knightsbridge.

(snip)

Definitely interesting. Do those maps get deleted from TfL's server
a certain time after they've been generated? Otherwise you can
paste the URL:

http://www.journeyplanner.org/user/F...4186238D2B.pdf

That defaults to an incomplete version of the JP homepage, so I guess
they do get deleted quite quickly.
--
Richard J.