Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 30th 04, 12:24 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Crossing of the Victoria and Piccadilly lines north of FinsburyPark

Brimstone wrote:
Marratxi wrote:

"Paul Terry" wrote in message

In message
, Tom
Anderson writes

We had a very brief argument about this a month or so ago; Barry
Salter said they did, i said they didn't, and Clive threatened to
excavate as much of north London as was necessary to find out.
This is not an authoritative answer, but i did finally notice that
according to Quail, they do cross, and the crossing is indeed a
little way south of Harringay Green Lanes; probably too far to
build a station with interchange, though.
On a more general note, how can one go about getting accurate
information about the routes of underground railways? Are there
some sort of official maps somewhere?

There is the map at the end of ...
http://www.londontransport.co.uk/tfl.../marketone.pdf
... it is not wonderfully detailed, but it does show that crossing
point south of Green Lanes.
Paul Terry

Anybody know how to extract the map from the end of the PDF document
marketone.pdf ? I have tried copying it from the main file but it
loses definition.
Cheerz,
Baz

Some, mostly Adobe I suspect, photo/paint programmes allow conversion of a
pdf file to an image file.

I just tried Acrobat's "Extract Images" option on the file to try it
out, and all it extracted was the two blue images at the front and back
of the document - it didn't extract that map at all. You can see when
you zoom on it that's some kind of layered drawing - it's not an "image"
(in the JPG sense of the word) as far as I can tell.

What you can do though is extract just that one page and then save the
whole thing as a 1MB JPG, but I've just tried, and it loses most of the
quality when you zoom in. I suppose extracting it as an EPS might be
better, but it all depends what the OP wants to do with it.