Old November 22nd 04, 07:40 AM posted to uk.transport.london

Default Weekend engineering work

I see from LU site that this weekend (27/28Nov), there is no Jubilee line
service north of Finchley Rd. The usual weekend work also means no Met Line
between Harrow and Aldgate. Although Jubilee replacement busses are
serving all stations Stanmore - Finch Rd, I see the Met Line busses are only
running Harrow- Willesden Green . Since this latter station is closed, are
all Met line passengers expected to change to another bus there to travel to
Finch Rd, from where they will have to take Jubilee train.

--
Lawrence Myers

Old November 22nd 04, 05:44 PM posted to uk.transport.london

Lawrence Myers wrote:
I see from LU site that this weekend (27/28Nov), there is no Jubilee line
service north of Finchley Rd. The usual weekend work also means no Met Line
between Harrow and Aldgate. Although Jubilee replacement busses are
serving all stations Stanmore - Finch Rd, I see the Met Line busses are only
running Harrow- Willesden Green . Since this latter station is closed, are
all Met line passengers expected to change to another bus there to travel to
Finch Rd, from where they will have to take Jubilee train.

Although the bus setup seems a bit odd, Chiltern Railways will be
running extra services between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Marylebone (4tph)
so Met passengers can change there to get to central London.

I'm not sure why the fast Met bus is going to Willesden Green, nor why
it doesn't stop at a Bakerloo/Silverlink station like North Wembley on
the way to provide extra capacity into London.

--
Dave Arquati
Imperial College, SW7
Old November 25th 04, 06:43 PM posted to uk.transport.london

To answer my own question. It seems like LU got their own advance publicity
wrong. The posters on display at Harrow say that the busses are running
through to Baker St. that makes more sense.

--
Lawrence Myers